HELP! moving solvents

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilbabyprinc3ss

Reaction score
hey all,
it's been a while since I've visited the site--I'm going to have to move from the west coast to the east coast (united states) in a week and am starting to fret over my own personal collection of nail polish and solvents =(

I have over 30 bottles of OPI nail polish.. a large body (maybe half a gallon) of acetone, primer/bonding liquid and other solvents for acrylic nail (small bottles) that I am wondering how I'm going to move it over to the east coast.

I don't think we are allowed to ship it via airmail...i'm not even sure if it's allowed for ground parcel post. I'm also shipping my car so I thought about putting it in the trunk but the summer temperature worries me. i read about spontaneous combustion for acetone (but at high temperatures only) and was thinking what would you recommed be the best way i take this w/ me? thank u so much!

and if in the event there is no way...how do i dispose of it all =(

Hi there! I just recently shipped some bottles of polish from Chicago to California. I wasnt sure of the shipping process so I just brought them to the post office. They ended up needing special notifications written on the package, but they did take care of all of it for me. It costs roughly $3.00 between postage and packaging.

Hope this helps a bit :green:

Shipping flammables can be expensive and hazardous (especially as some or all of your monomer and acetone etc will have been opened.

Could you not maybe sell that kind of thing to another nail technician before you move from your area and re-buy when you get to the east?

Good luck with your move anyway.

Latest posts

Back