Help - My cat is driving me nuts!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virtues2011

Reaction score
What is wrong with my cat!? She is five years old and a long haired tortoiseshell and came from the Blue cross three years ago, she doesn't settle well with other animals and even spits at my guinea pig (I think we are nearly over that now). Lately she just won't stop howling and calling! She is neutered doesn't like the outdoor much but she will come outside if I am out there. She doesn't like to be picked up and will sit near you but not on you. I've tried feliway, sprays, cuddles, treats, I talk to her like she is human...I've felt all over her body to see if she howls when I put pressure on any area that may be sensitive, she has daily brushes to keep her fur clean and mat free, she is eating and drinking normally - but she is worse than a kid and a trip to the forest will be in order soon! Other than taking her to the vet I really don't know what else to try. Does anyone have any ideas of what could be the reason, I maybe missing something?

Has she joined a choir and shes just practicing? Maybe shes our entry for Eurovision this year?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Has she joined a choir and shes just practicing? Maybe shes our entry for Eurovision this year?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ha ha ha ...... that made me chuckle! It's like a kid with a recorder!

Ugh recorders are the devils voice I swear. Can't stand the things.

Laura xx

It's that time of year, my cats are the same male and female and they've been done, they pick up on other cats wandering into their territory!!

My girls are the same too.. 5yrs old, spayed and yowling.
I've tom cats in my gardens, laying on my doorstep, on Scarlett's trampoline.. I've just looked outside and 5 in my back garden and 1 on my front doorstep.

I've had to start locking the girls in at night with only the teeny toilet window open so they can escape out for a crafty pee,
I have a non lockable cat flap in the lobby/backgarden door so usually leave backdoor/kitchen open so they have free reign but I'm fed up of finding boy cats in my house with spray patches on my units.. Trying to get rid of the smell is horrible and embarrassing if anyone comes over :(
I can't lock the cat flap so they are still coming into the lobby and spraying n I can smell it as soon as I open my kitchen/lobby door to go outside.
I wish I knew how to get rid of the boy cats.

Sorry virtues I know I'm not help but this post has CRACKED me up!!!

You could start a duet with her, that will shut her up :p

Or You could phone the vets or go online on pet forum. They have vets on line to help :cool:

My boy cat does this. Follows me round screaming at me. If I sit down with him until he goes to sleep, I can normally get away with a few peaceful hours. My little girl cat likes to wee everywhere when she is stressed, I got some calmex and that worked great (for the stress) maybe get some to try? Furry kids, who'd have them!

I never imagined you as a cat lady Virtues! :eek::eek:

And a Guinea Pig??? Aren't they meant to be for kids? Oh, yes, I get it, you've got it for when all the kids in the neighbourhood pop round. No wonder they all adore you. :D

My boy cat does this. Follows me round screaming at me. If I sit down with him until he goes to sleep, I can normally get away with a few peaceful hours. My little girl cat likes to wee everywhere when she is stressed, I got some calmex and that worked great (for the stress) maybe get some to try? Furry kids, who'd have them!

Thank you. Yes I will get some today. I'm prepared to give anything a go. . Otherwise I'm off out to buy one of those things dogs have round their necks to prevent barking as her howling is add loud, surely something has to work. Earplugs aren't!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

And a Guinea Pig??? Aren't they meant to be for kids? Oh, yes, I get it, you've got it for when all the kids in the neighbourhood pop round. No wonder they all adore you. :D

I can vouch that kitty and cavie are both adorable <3
of course the kitty loved me.... I smelt like other cats :)

Mine are driving me insane too.
Went out last night. Lovely meal, great company and wine.
Came home ready for my bed and the kitchen contained one mangled and chewed mouse and a pile of cat vomit.
My good mood disappeared!
They also come in and howl.
Weird creatures at the moment

Mine are driving me insane too.
Went out last night. Lovely meal, great company and wine.
Came home ready for my bed and the kitchen contained one mangled and chewed mouse and a pile of cat vomit.
My good mood disappeared!
They also come in and howl.
Weird creatures at the moment

Ha ha ha. .. That is funny.

Yes I have a cat, a kid and a pig...... and don't like any of them at the moment! I have a good mind to send the cat and the pig to live with the kid. .... lol

Tinkerbell my rescue female Ginger Cat squeeks like a guinea pig when I stroke her, this is so strange, I have never had a cat do this before, she is a right character. The vets checked her over and told me she is perfectly healthy, so this strange noise she makes is still a mystery. lol

:biggrin:

Tinkerbell my rescue female Ginger Cat squeeks like a guinea pig when I stroke her, this is so strange, I have never had a cat do this before, she is a right character. The vets checked her over and told me she is perfectly healthy, so this strange noise she makes is still a mystery. lol

I would love to say my cat is the same. ..NO. shrieking it is. SHRIEKING....

I would love to say my cat is the same. ..NO. shrieking it is. SHRIEKING....

Kick her outside and go out for the night. Let the neighbours deal with it.

My ginger girl does this too!!

My boy cat howls, my neighbours must think that I'm strangling a baby or something! It's like he doesn't know what he wants. He cries and howls to go out and then cries and howls to come in. And cries and howls when he's hungry...there's nothing wrong with him, he's just a bit of a spoilt brat.

He's been neutered etc...just a high maintenance pain in the bum.

Latest posts

Back