Help, my finger got stuck today and I'm scared!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colleve82

Reaction score
While I spraying and "scrunching" my second to last client today, my right hand index finger FROZE in a curled position!! I couldn't straighten it or feel it! It didn't hurt but scared me so much. After a couple minutes it straightened all by its self. I was brave but ran in the back and cried in fear. It was so scary!! I need my fingers. Does anyone know what this was? Has this happened to anyone else? Should I see a dr? I'm only 31 and doing hair for 14 years. Help me please :(

Sounds like cramp to me. It was probably a one off and nothing to worry about but if it continues to happen, perhaps a visit to your GP is a good idea.

Sounds like trigger finger . Google it and see :)

Hi there trigger finger tends not to freeze more of a popping movement, there is no smooth transition from one position to the next (i have it in both pinky fingers!) I would put it down to cramp the other thing it could have sounded like is a dupuytrens contracture but this tends to be more gradual and you can't straighten the finger at all.
I would see your gp if you are concerned but they won't be as its only happened once and it doesn't sound too prolonged. I was a physio (private and NHS) pre hairdressing and it doesn't sound like anything to worry about xxx

Agreed with above. If it was trigger finger it would hurt when it clicks to the bent position and hurts again when you have to straighten it. I ended up having an operation to sort out my trigger thumb. Luckily I was employed then so didn't lose much money. Would hate for it to happen again though.

Latest posts

Back