Help my hair is breaking off!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashbag

Reaction score
Help my hair is breaking off! My friend has been dyeing my hair in the U.K. for over 10 years now, without any problems using L'Oreal lightest ash blond.

I have had a holiday home in Spain for the last 6 years, then last December I made the decision to move to Spain permanently, and a friend of mine in Spain kindly offered to do my roots for me,
Yes I was chuffed to bits! problem solved.

My hair is shoulder length, and has been breaking off for the past three or more months, My friend does take a very long time in applying the solution. Could this be the cause of my hair braking off. I no we all lose approx 50-100 hairs daily but I'm losing near 300. I'm not on any medication, but I have had a very stressful year.

I would appreciate any help or advice as to what I can do.:Scared:

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, i cant offer you any pro advice, as im not a hairdresser by any means - but my hair does tend to break off now and again, as its v long, and i have it hi-lited - and when i had a horrific batch of extensions put in years ago, my hair was so broken afterwards, it was terrible - so i started taking the hair tablets perfectil - routinely every day, never missed one - and after a while i did start to see the difference. I also did a lot of research into buying a good reconstructing conditioner and bought joico.maybe also to a bit of research into what other vitamins/foods promote healthy hair.
im sure someone else out there will be able to give you a better reply.
good luck tho

Hi, I think it could be a combination of issues here, you mentioned you had had a stressful year, well any stress can result in hair loss, but breakage is different, this is when the hair snaps due to being damaged, in your case I think it is most likely down to the application of the hilights being too long therefor the chemical is over processed and damages the structure of the hair, also living in Spain in the heat and uv rays will also cause damage over a period of time.

I would treat yourself to a good quality proffetional shampoo and conditioner, you could get one that has protein based to restructure the hair, but also with UVA protection, also a mask applied weekly would really benefit as this would penetrate the hairshaft more than a general conditioner would.

The best products I have used in my 17 years of hairdressing are alterna, and also the Wella repair these can be bought in salons and will be much more prescriptive and restructuring than anything from a supermarket. X

Latest posts

Back