Help .... my hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VickyB

Reaction score
So sorry for posting on the main nail - but I need some quick help if poss.

I've always highlighted my own hair (always very subtle... until tonight) ... OMG, there is a big blob of yellow about 1.5 inch diameter on my crown and there are tiger stripes EVERYWHERE - What a FOOL I feel :cry:

Can anyone give me advice or suggest how a hairdresser might be able to correct it for me (if it can be corrected)

Thanks

Vicky

PS ....I feel quite sick it's that bad

oh no !!! been there done that!!

hope u can get it sorted.

Im no hair dresser but i wonder if a wash in wash out would 'calm it down'

amb x:hug:

The only thing i can think of is that they might out lowlights on top of some of the blonde thats what i would probably do anyway x.x.x.x

I had highlights done at the hairdressers the other month but didn't like it at all so went home and just dyed over it, it looked quite good coz you had lighter and darker tones in my hair. I know it wasn't very good for my hair but i just wanted rid!!! why don't you just dye it back to your natural colour hun!!??

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

A professional hairdresser will be able to correct this. You should not try this yourself. More or less anything you do with colour can be corrected. my advice is get in touch with a good salon.

Hi vicki b, firstly don't worry, secondly find a good hairdresser in your local town & tell them which product you have used and they'll fix it for you. I did an NVQ in hairdressing a few years ago & managed to do this myself the first time i tried to do foiled highlights, it's quite easy to do! Good luck x

Dear ladies ... thanks so much for your prompt caring replies - you are all so lovely (and dear Minkus - first there, you little sweetheart).

You know ... you think you had a ****ty day at work and then go and make it all the worse yourself - I have learn't a lesson from this and I promise I will NEVER, EVER touch my own hair again.

Those of you that have said it can be corrected at a hairdressers - do you have any idea what they do to correct it .. do you mean I could have my own colour back or at least have lowlights my own colour?

xxxx

Thank you xx

They can turn it back to your own colour put the highlights back through if you wanted. Its always difficult to say what could be done 100% without seeing the hair but from what you have described I dont see this being a problem.

Hi Louise ... just read on your profile that you are a hairdresser !!!! How I needed your advice - thanks so much. I've took pics of it but I can never seem to post them on the site here - could be cos I ain't a prem. geek.

I'll definitely get to the hairdressers tomorrow to see what they can do (no doubt it will cost me a small fortune ... but I've got to get it sorted).

Thanks again for your kind advice :hug:

VickyB said:
I've took pics of it but I can never seem to post them on the site here - could be cos I ain't a prem. geek.
being a non-premium geek means you can upload a pic up to 100kb, so you should be able to get a decent sized jpg image uploaded ok.

hope you get your hair sorted out soon x

VickyB said:
Hi Louise ... just read on your profile that you are a hairdresser !!!! How I needed your advice - thanks so much. I've took pics of it but I can never seem to post them on the site here - could be cos I ain't a prem. geek.

I'll definitely get to the hairdressers tomorrow to see what they can do (no doubt it will cost me a small fortune ... but I've got to get it sorted).

mail me a pic i'll upload it !

not a problem Im happy to help. I promise this can be fixed so dont worry

VickyB said:

hope you get it sorted hun x

i used to have highlights and i finally turned almost blonde i wanted to do lowlights on it but the hair teacher from the beauty shool said that covering up was better
so i would say cover up
doing higlights on highlights sounds bad for hair especially in summer
your hair might turns extra dry

datgirltwista said:
doing higlights on highlights sounds bad for hair especially in summer
your hair might turns extra dry

The salon should look at the condition of the hair first to determine what can be done. If they think the condition is not good enough for re highlighting then they should do a strand test. hair like nails if looked after properly you should not have a problem

VickyB said:
So sorry for posting on the main nail - but I need some quick help if poss.

I've always highlighted my own hair (always very subtle... until tonight) ... OMG, there is a big blob of yellow about 1.5 inch diameter on my crown and there are tiger stripes EVERYWHERE - What a FOOL I feel :cry:

Can anyone give me advice or suggest how a hairdresser might be able to correct it for me (if it can be corrected)

Thanks

Vicky

PS ....I feel quite sick it's that bad

Vicky, I am a hairstylist also and I specialize in color. Whatever you do, do not color over this yourself. going from light to dark presents a whole different set of challanges. I sounds like the lightner (bleach) blead onto the hair you didn't want highlighted. The product tends to swell as it does it's job. It is very easily corrected. Just make sure the salon you go to knows color. Ask questions see if they know what they are talking about. If you want it all back to your own colr it can be done. It will still have some "highlights" where the color is now. Try not to have them color the whole thing then re-highlight. Too much of a process for your hair. They should be able to fix the bleed marks and leave the highlights intact. Ask for some good conditioner if your hair feels dry now. Any questions e-mail me! "Enjoy your hair"

Idonails2 said:
Vicky, I am a hairstylist also and I specialize in color. Whatever you do, do not color over this yourself. going from light to dark presents a whole different set of challanges. I sounds like the lightner (bleach) blead onto the hair you didn't want highlighted. The product tends to swell as it does it's job. It is very easily corrected. Just make sure the salon you go to knows color. Ask questions see if they know what they are talking about. If you want it all back to your own colr it can be done. It will still have some "highlights" where the color is now. Try not to have them color the whole thing then re-highlight. Too much of a process for your hair. They should be able to fix the bleed marks and leave the highlights intact. Ask for some good conditioner if your hair feels dry now. Any questions e-mail me! "Enjoy your hair"

Exactly right!

Under no cirumstaces should you let them colour aything but the "bleed " area,as it is 100% unnecessary (sp).(They will match the colour of the rest of your hair)

Ensure your consultation is thourough and mention the word "prepigment" this is a term used when adding depth to lightened hair,it is basically adding tone wich was lost during the bleaching process,this prevents the hair looking kahki ! A good salon will pre pigment or choose a shade with a strong tone to avoid this !

And laslty,it may cost more than you wanted to paybut choose a reputable salon,preferably a colour technician,to ensure you get the desired outcome in one visit.

Best of luck hun x

Hi

You have ALL been so very helpful with this and I can't thank you enough ... you prof. hairdressers sure know your stuff eh .... think I've got it easy with nails after all of this ... lol !!

I went to the hairdressers today (before I read any more posts) as I was desperate.
The girls in there seemed to give a very thorough consultation and though they said they couldn't guarantee that the stripes and big blotch would be totally invisible after treatment - they would do their best to blend it in.

First time ever - I had foils ... the top stylist recommended to my stylist a couple of shades to lowlight and highlight ... when it was wet I thought arrrrghhhh - this hasn't worked, but as they dried it I could see it had improved immensly. They only worked on the parts that I had 'messed' up and the condition is good still. The colours that they used look lovely, the hairdresser had the technique off to a fine art and as I said - though it isn't perfect, it is a damn good job in my opinion ... GIRLS ... it WAS bad beforehand - believe me, every single strand was striped, and that big blob on my crown ... I looked like the slapper from hell !!

If I ever wanted highlights again, I would definitely go back to this hairdresser - cost £50.00 (which broke my heart as I just DON'T do hairdressers at all) but I feel it was worth it.

So ... once again, thanks for your caring advice - it is so good to know that there are so many people here ready to help, you are a wonderful bunch !! xx

i bet you are relieved, money well spent i would think.
glad it turned out ok, you couldnt work in a bobble hat in this heat:lol:

VickyB said:
Hi

You have ALL been so very helpful with this and I can't thank you enough ... you prof. hairdressers sure know your stuff eh .... think I've got it easy with nails after all of this ... lol !!

I went to the hairdressers today (before I read any more posts) as I was desperate.
The girls in there seemed to give a very thorough consultation and though they said they couldn't guarantee that the stripes and big blotch would be totally invisible after treatment - they would do their best to blend it in.

First time ever - I had foils ... the top stylist recommended to my stylist a couple of shades to lowlight and highlight ... when it was wet I thought arrrrghhhh - this hasn't worked, but as they dried it I could see it had improved immensly. They only worked on the parts that I had 'messed' up and the condition is good still. The colours that they used look lovely, the hairdresser had the technique off to a fine art and as I said - though it isn't perfect, it is a damn good job in my opinion ... GIRLS ... it WAS bad beforehand - believe me, every single strand was striped, and that big blob on my crown ... I looked like the slapper from hell !!

If I ever wanted highlights again, I would definitely go back to this hairdresser - cost £50.00 (which broke my heart as I just DON'T do hairdressers at all) but I feel it was worth it.

So ... once again, thanks for your caring advice - it is so good to know that there are so many people here ready to help, you are a wonderful bunch !! xx

Hi just wanted to say congrats on looking "normal" again.When I do a corrective color, I always tell clients that it may not be 100% but it will be 100% better than it is:) . As far as price, I don't know how much you paid in american money but, corrective color can be expensive. As far as having it easy with nails, I think nail techs are true artists and I am in awe watching them work! Again happy it all turned out well:)
Kandy

Latest posts

Back