Help-my sore finger nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chocolatepickle

Reaction score
I am wearing a set on L+Ps i did on myself a week ago and they've got quite long (they were a bit top heavy to start with i think.) Well anyway, i was putting up a babygate earlier when i caught it and made it bleed a little at the apex, i think it has possibly ripped my natural nail or something but the extension is still on and after wiping the blood i now cant really see what damage was done, it just looks like a line from the sidewall to the middle, although it also feels a little tender still. i think the acrylic may have snapped there where my zones 1 and 2 joined.
The nails look awful and i was going to rebalance them tonight but i dont know what to do with this one, will it hurt to soak it off? or would it be ok to rebalance it still if i have ripped my natural nail or would i be better off leaving it with no product on? Its my little pinkie and it hurts!:irked:
Thankyou and sorry if i rambled, i've tried to explain as best i can!
Thanks!

if its sore for you to touch then as long as its not hanging off or theres nothing that will catch easy on it then i would just leave it if its sore but as long as theres no blood and you clean it and sanatise it thoroughly then theres no reason why you cant continue to have l&p over it if anything it will help protect it.x

Do the rest of them and leave this one for a day or two to let the soreness disappear. You may have cracked your own nail underneath so when it is not sore anymore you will be able to have a good look at it and decide if you want to soak off and renew the nail or just do the infill. There is no need to leave the nail off unless there is an obvious infection. :)

I do this a lot because I am so clumsy and normally have long nails! I would not say to soak it off because if you have cracked your natural nail it will hurt a lot!! :eek:
I just rebalance as normal and then wait for the crack to grow up, you nay have to wait for a while until the soreness stops as a couple of times I have not been able to file, even gently, on the sore nail :eek:
Gail
:hug:

thanks for the advice, i filed it down (painfully), soi didn catch it anymore and i've followed your advice and left that one. Its still a little sore today so i think i'll wait to d it until tomorow. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back