Help, my washing machine smells

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a front loader, didnt even know you could get top loaders any more!!

Sounds like I should go back to the old fashioned powder. I've just bought 2 bottles of the liquid detergent too and the yorkshire girl in me doesnt want to throw anything away!!

Can anyone recommend a really nice smelling, good quality powder detergent? The reason I changed to the liquid was because my mum said it was a nice smelling detergent and I love the smell of clothes that have been washed in a nice powder/detergent.

What about if your washing machine starts to leave marks on your clothes, in particular brown spots? In the shape of the holes in the drum? Suddenly gone v noisy too. Iv ordered a new one but want to make sure I maintain my new one do this one doesn't go the same way

Does it sound like broken glass going round inside? This happened to one of mine. The bearings had gone and the brown spots on our clothes turned out to be oil from inside the machine xx

I had exactly the same problem even after doing a bleach wash and using a washing machine cleaner. The service engineer said it was because I used liquid detergents. He said going back to using powders along with replacing the door seal would do the trick.

It has definitely helped and is now much better than it was. I had a look on Which? to find out which washing powders had been recommended as best buys and Aldi Almat with Stain-lift bio powder was top of the list.

Latest posts

Back