Help! Nail glue, acetone and nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeekyGeek

Reaction score
I'm doing my nails at home and have had a bit of an issue.
Being lazy, I used the same lint free wipe to remove to my nail polish the remove excess nail glue from gluing on tips.
When the wet glue touched that wipe it crackled/hissed and a small wisp of smoke came from the wipe.
Can someone please tell me what this is and if it is dangerous.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Your post isn't very clear. Are you saying you used acetone on a wipe to take off your polish, then used this same wipe it clean excess nail adhesive off your nail?

I have never heard of adhesive reacting with acetone, but some cyanoacrylate adhesives do react with material/man made fibres and can cause it to melt.

Your post isn't very clear. Are you saying you used acetone on a wipe to take off your polish, then used this same wipe it clean excess nail adhesive off your nail?

I have never heard of adhesive reacting with acetone, but some cyanoacrylate adhesives do react with material/man made fibres and can cause it to melt.

I can agree with this! Dropped my brush on resin on my table and it melted it! Smoke and all!

I use cnd sesl bond and cnd gelbond and nothing ever melts or smoke lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

I knocked a bottle of glue over and it went on my table and hand towel, melted them both and smoked up heaps i thought it was going to start a fire, and it made a sizzling noise. I changed my brand of glue after this and tested it, hasnt happened with the new one.

Latest posts

Back