Help nails keep falling off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimmi2506

Reaction score
hi geeks i have been trained in acrylic nails for about 3 weeks now and i was trained in Uv acrylic with rebel rebel products i hated the stuff so i change my products to star nails liquid and powder and and the permabond stuff, i am still getting people coming back and the have "FELL OFF" or the tips broke so i started doing it thicker but then i was having problems filing so my boss bought me a drill i havnt tryed it out yet but i seemed to be able to seal it better also the client that came in did have trendy nail wraps under the acrylic and it was my first application of the wraps and i had problems with the acrylic sticking to them Help i do not no what to and i dont want to make a bad name for the salon i work in as they are excellent hairdressers and i am fab at beauty side of theing just the acrylic nail im having trouble with please help thanks any comments very much needed:rolleyes:

Hello love,

Just out of interest who did you say you trained with?

IMO Star Nails (not to be rude) are not one of the higher end companies and you might be best investing in some training with CND or NSI etc. Using a better product will improve the look and life of your enhancements and this will = happier clients!

Are you prepping your nails properly, eponychium, etching, dehydrating and priming properly, poor prep will cause premature lifting etc.

Going back to the electric file you mentioned it doesn't say if you've been on a course to learn how to do this properly/safely, which could be bad news as they are tricky to get the hang of and quite scary for the customers if your not entirely sure how to use it properly.

It sounds as if your not 100% confident about your work which is a shame, perhaps you have a pushy boss and feel a bit out of your league. Swot up on your nails and get a course booked, you may have picked up bad habits over the years and not noticed (which is quite common if working alone as a tech)

ANYWAY NAILS DO NOT JUST FALL OFF - CLIENTS USE THIS TO TRY AND GET FREE NAILS! I'm sure they are pulling them off or having a chew and trying to blame you for their own stupidity! xxxx:hug:

Latest posts

Back