Help needed about hair supplies/equipment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonnib

Reaction score
i found a really nice girl who wants to work employed for two days and see what happens...i wasnt considering employing right now as just starting up but i am now as its only two days and then i can see what happens and increase if it works out.

but as my other staff are employed i dont have to get stock etc..
i really need a list of things a hairstylist /dressers needs to run on a day to day basis.. as im not a hair person so i can only think of really obvious ones like blowdryer...:irked:

im opening on sat so if i do employ her i dont hve long to get things

thanks

You need hairdryer
ghds
rollers (various)
colour range permanent
colour range semi permanent
peroxides and developers
meche and foil
hood dryer
climazon or solara
sterilizing equipment
clippers and attachments
backwash shampoos and conditioners
range of styling and finishing products
grips and hairpins
gowns
cutting collars
gloves and apron
hair bleach
perm rollers (varios sizes)
perms
end papers
neck wool
plastic caps
trolley
Have done a mental sweep of my salon. Can't think of anything else....

:eek: mmm it will be quite costly for you buying all of that equipment :eek:
do you think it may be better on a percentage rate and she could supply some of the things herself that she will need ?
just say you arn't busy you will still have to pay her wages wont you ? :confused:

thanks for the list..

i did have someone on a percentge basis to start on sat and she changed her mind so now i will have to employ a full time person by sat hopefully as i doubt il find someone to be self emploed by time..

but yes one of my chairs was going to be on that basis... and have another part time person fri and sat.. but the other one let me down.
so il do a check on capital and see prices. il just get what i need week by week etc...

ive done my list on capital.. i have blow dryers and hood dryer so i need climazon and solara

and what tongs would you recommend?

Last edited:
ive done my list on capital.. i have blow dryers and hood dryer so i need climazon and solara

and what tongs would you recommend?

Hi, I like hair tools for tongs, they are really very reasonable in price but are brilliant
as are the hand held hairdyers

small and medium ones , :)

you would only need a cimazon wouldnt you ? whats a solara :eek: is it like a climazon ?

Hey this is getting well exciting now , :) if I was nearer to you I would come and help you buy all your stuff it must feel like Christmas :)

dont know what the difference is but climazons are very expensive over £2000 ive seen them and solara is cheaper :irked: but they look very similar

my hair salon where i go to do my hair doesnt have one tey use blow dryer and hood dryer so is it actually needed?
as dont wont to get things i can avoid at the moment..

im more nervous and excited i keep thinking what if no-one comes the there :cry:. its on the high road so location is geat and busy

dont know what the difference is but climazons are very expensive and solara is cheaper :irked: ?

my hair salon where i go to do my hair doesnt have one tey use blow dryer and hood dryer so is it actually needed? as dont wont to get things i can avoid at the moment..

im more nervous and excited i keep thinking what if no-one comes the there :cry:. its on the high road so location is geat and busy

Hi, you can use a hood dryer as long as it doesn't blow the foils around
but these days most hood dryers do blow them around ,

a solara or a proper heater is better , also I don't think you have to have one straight away as its summertime ,
I only used to use mine in the winter ,
so yes get the cheaper one but wait till winter , :)

this may sound silly but why wouldnt i need it in summer....

so would i be ok with the just the hood dryer? ive been too loads of salons and not used these before they look nice though so will get them later if i dont need them now

Arrow hair and beauty are great. They have a price match too. They stock the affinage range of colours which are a great price and have datem technology. They also have a convertor which will convert any permanent colour into a semi so you don't have to get loads of stock. Just get your permanents in and then buy a bottle of convertor. They also do a quick pig which you can paint on the hair and then apply colour straight over the top which saves loads of time. They do ammonia free bleach and an eraser to strip artificial colour from the hair. They stock everything you need and i know they have a few in London so if you go onto their site you can see where your nearest one is.

Hi, it not silly at all to ask questions , I have great admiration for what you are doing , and I hope it all works out well for you :hug:

these are used to accelerate the colouring process due to a gentle heat
they cut the colouring time down in half, but.... some stylists dont use them or like them ,
also as it's summer the temperature isn't going to be cold enough to slow down any colours or highlghts ect.... so no one will miss it at the moment :)

By the way, i've never had a climazone. A babyliss hood dryer has done the job at a fraction of the cost. You don't need to be buying things that you may not even use. Just get the bare essentials for now :lol:

i have a babyliss one so il use that for now i have a babyliss blow dryer i use babyliss myself its good... not that ive usd them all but i like it...

ive tried to google arrow hair and beauty but the only site i see just has furniture like hairs etc not hair colours etc but what you said sounds good... i might be looking at the wrong one so il search again...but if you hve a link that would be great

the link is great... i saw the convertor which is a good idea so i just get permanent dye:) and i saw the bleach too..

my local shop is not that close its in north london and im in west but il go down on wednesday and look around because its would be worth it to get those things...

ive ordered a ghd straightners and have got a pro-babylis one also.
having problem deciding which tongs to get their are so many different types..?

and are the rollers heated ones or normal ones?

i only use straightners so dont really know about tongs a have curly hair already :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hi, salons direct have fab hair catalouges with loads of pictures of all sorts of products and information in them , you could have a good look through it ,
they also have loads of different hairdryers ad tongs too

I like the range they have called hair tools they have hair tools hand held hair dryers
and hair tools curling tongs :) I would get some small ones and medium ones they are not too expensive and they are very good and wont let you down,

Ghds straightners are a good choice to have in a shop

and those plasic pink rollers that you can cut to your own size are good all are in the catalouge

heres a link Salons Direct: Professional hairdressing supplies, beauty products, salon furniture and equipment at wholesale prices! :hug:

Latest posts

Back