Help needed ASAP

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bexta1407

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1423145402.402416.jpg

Hope photo has attached. Friend posted this pic on Facebook. Had some one go to do her nails and has filed at her natural nails. I have recommended cuticle oil but is there anything else I can recommend to her? She is saying she is in a lot of pain with them and I don't blame her 😬

Any advice appreciated x

Lots and lots of cuticle oil. She also needs to go back to where she had them done, show them the damage they caused and either ask for her money back or compensation! They are shocking!

I'd also be inclined to report them actually. Anyone who is capable of doing that shouldn't be allowed to work on nails!

She knows the damage she has caused and has told her she would go back and do a treatment on them
But it would need to be every week for 6 month at a £10 a time. I would be very surprised if she was qualified to be honest. A few girls round here with ebay kits and no qualifications!

I personally wouldn't allow that person near my nails again! What 'treatment' is she planning on doing weekly?

That's what I have said. God knows what she was planning to do next.

Omg that's disgusting plenty of cuticle oil and lanolin free hand creams anything else may irritate the nail with it being so thin xxxx

Sent from my D5803 using SalonGeek mobile app

If there is nail bed exposed there is NO treatment that can be done. The damage is going to have to grow out which will take between 4-6 months anyway so what she is talking about makes no sense at all.

Tell your friend not to allow this person to touch her nails again. I would also ask to see her qualification and more importantly her insurance details too. Then depending on that outcome I'd report to trading standards and/or the council.

Oh my goodness ... This is a legitimate case to sue their backsides!!!

Jeez man they look sore. I had this at college the first time a fellow student put tips on and attempted blending! Ouch is all I can say, they felt bruised for weeks.
Defo agree, go back and complain. They will take ages to grow out 😢

omg bless her! thats terrible

This is SCARY that a so called professional could do this to someone's nails!!! IF she is qualified I would hate to see where she was trained 😱
Your poor friend xx

I know this is wrong and I would like to add i would never do it on a client as it's risky but if these were my nails or my friends that I could monitor I would sculpt some acrylic on and make the bead covering the damaged area very dry and kind of just bond it at the sides and cuticle area if that makes sense then clean them everyday underneath with saline solution maybe spray a bitt of tea tree spray under them too for good measure. There's no way I could just leave them with nothing on much too painful would rather risk a greeny (I know, i know , I am such a bad nail technician lol shoot me)

Get some forever living propolis cream on those and get a legal action against them.

I know this is wrong and I would like to add i would never do it on a client as it's risky but if these were my nails or my friends that I could monitor I would sculpt some acrylic on and make the bead covering the damaged area very dry and kind of just bond it at the sides and cuticle area if that makes sense then clean them everyday underneath with saline solution maybe spray a bitt of tea tree spray under them too for good measure. There's no way I could just leave them with nothing on much too painful would rather risk a greeny (I know, i know , I am such a bad nail technician lol shoot me)

I'd do the same. . I have 16 years experience. Its the only thing that will take the pain away. . But I would only do it on myself. .
I've never seen such terrible damage. Was an efile used?
Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'd do the same. . I have 16 years experience. Its the only thing that will take the pain away. . But I would only do it on myself. .
I've never seen such terrible damage. Was an efile used?

I would definitly have to get something on these to protect them. Personally i would scrubfresh them one by one as i applied product and do an acrylic overlay. Otherwise these are just going to split as soon as they get to the free edge and will probably split vertically down the nail causing even more pain. If these are left as they are, they are going to be seriously painful and probably pick up an infection x

My client had very similar.

She had had acrylics on for many years but when she asked to have them removed, the girl was so cross, she used an electric file to do it and used no due care.

I don't offer extensions of any kind and personally would be appalled at anyone putting them on these fragile nails.

They actually healed very quickly. We kept them very short, lots of cuticle oil and eventually nailtiques protein treatment. There was no long term damage, just a lot of ugliness and discomfort. Her nails are now long, strong and totally natural.

Good luck

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

My client had very similar.

She had had acrylics on for many years but when she asked to have them removed, the girl was so cross, she used an electric file to do it and used no due care.

I don't offer extensions of any kind and personally would be appalled at anyone putting them on these fragile nails.

They actually healed very quickly. We kept them very short, lots of cuticle oil and eventually nailtiques protein treatment. There was no long term damage, just a lot of ugliness and discomfort. Her nails are now long, strong and totally natural.

Good luck

Vic x

If you don't do extensions how can you make a comment on them? ? You don't understand how acrylic works so please don't judge when techs with experience comment .
The damage on the nails will need to grown out completely before they can be considered as healed. Acrylic will act as a cover to keep out infection and make them less painful. .It will hold the natural nail in place as it grows

Wow that's shocking! Bless her heart. I am doing an acrylic nail course in a couple of weeks and I would be mortified if I did this to someone's nails! Personally I think your friend should complain and tell people not to use this person as you don't want this person hurting someone else again. I hope your friends nails are better soon x

If you don't do extensions how can you make a comment on them? ? You don't understand how acrylic works so please don't judge when techs with experience comment .
The damage on the nails will need to grown out completely before they can be considered as healed. Acrylic will act as a cover to keep out infection and make them less painful. .It will hold the natural nail in place as it grows

I don't do them. I am trained in them and have an opinion that these nails shouldn't have acrylic on them. You disagree.

Vic x

Latest posts

Back