Help Needed from professionals please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnamarie

Reaction score
Hi im a totally new to this, this is my first time on a forum website ever. I need help and this is why i have come here.
I would like to open my own beauty salon, not yet because i feel i need a lot more training in business and more on beauty.
I have worked for a makeup company for 2 years and i am now in progress of completing nvq2, i am going to go on to nv3 and acrylic and spray tans etc etc and even laser and try and get asmuch course i can into me inthe next 3/4 years.
In the meantime i have not got a clue were to start who to go to , or even how to setup a beauty salon.
I am wondering if anyone can help me with routiine on how i should do this, alot of my clients for makeup and friends and family persist in always telling me that i should have my own business.
I no its hard work and i am prepared, i do study another subject (science nursing parttime) so i would like to find different classes and course and business opportunites at night over the next 3 years and in my last year concentrate on the business.
I have no idea for example were to order beds, cheap but useful p[roducts, staff, my training, how to run a shop but i am willing to learn and would like some advice.

PLEASE HELP I NEED A CAREER PLAN

A nursing qualification is needed for doing advanced chemical peels/filler/botox so you may find it profitable to look into opening a medi-spa... it just depends where your interests lie.

Would you be giving up the nursing then?

You have to ask yourself what you want to achieve, what is your end goal?

Are you more interested in the pampering side of beauty or the aesthetic side?

You may find it useful to get a job in the kind of business you would like to run so you can see if you are cut out for the job.

You may find it useful to get a job in the kind of business you would like to run so you can see if you are cut out for the job.

Yes I agree with this, ideally you need to work in the industry for several months to give you the groundwork of how a salon actually runs day to day. You will also learn how to deal with clients and, possibly more important, client complaints. You could also speak to your tutors at college, or set yourself up with some work experience in a salon.

I'm sure you'll work out the right path for you, you just need to try different things and see what suits you best.

Hi DonnaMarie, are you currently mobile?? As this is a good place to start to build your clientele?

Latest posts

Back