help needed (nothing to do with nails)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kathy w

Reaction score
Hi all,
I need some help from all you clever,witty headed nail geeks my daughter has just got engaged (hooray about time) the proglem is we are trying to work out something different for invitations ie:wording etc please help she wants simple but elegant.
kathyxxxx

i have just finished making my mum's wedding invites (2nd time around wedding!). she wanted simple and less is more approach - they turned out beautifully. pm me your address if you want a copy!

I am also interested in this post. I'm getting married abroad soon and am having a reception for friends and family when I get back, so am not sure how to word my invites (am making my own). Also, I wanted to put in a little note to say that we would like to do up our kitchen so could do with either cash or vouchers as gifts, we have been living together for 3 years and have everything we want, I know that you can buy these notes but I can't find them anywhere on the net, any ideas????

You could put on your invites that "monetary gifts are perferred" hope that doesn't seem a little over the top.:confused:

Kathy,
You can PM me as well, I have a lot of invitation books around the house and I do things like this all the time...I would be happy to assist in anyway I can.:D

Thanks Girls,
Will pm you all later.I just new i would get help with this from this site as Nail Techs rule.
Kathy

If you want to make some hand crafted cards, take a look at www.docrafts.com (I think), this is a site for those mad about making cards, and has lots of good ideas. I make cards as a hobby and am always dipping from Nail box to craft box and back again - for lots of little bits.

Alternatively, speak to a local craft stockist and see if they know someone in your area who could make them for you, would love to offer but have three sets on wedding invites, thank you cards - which just happen to cpmpliment the brides nails! if I very get a digital camera will post pictures!

My mum makes hand made cards/invites/place settings etc etc. She does free P&P and can make individual, personally designed cards if you want something a little bit different...PM me if you need details!

Thanks to you all for the tips and ideas we now have invitations and theme all sorted and now its full steam ahead organizing.
To quote a very famous englishmen:
"GET BY WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM YOUR FRIENDS"
Thanks to everyone
Kathy

Samoyed said:
Also, I wanted to put in a little note to say that we would like to do up our kitchen so could do with either cash or vouchers as gifts, we have been living together for 3 years and have everything we want, I know that you can buy these notes but I can't find them anywhere on the net, any ideas????
Hi Samoyed, my friend Terri-Michelle was in a similar situation to you, she and her husband to be Steve had been living together for 4 years and had most stuff they needed. They put the following note in with their invitations:

"The bride and groom would like to forego the usual gift list and instead request vouchers for Going Places or Comet"

I remember it well because I thought it was such a good idea and was polite and tactful in the way it put across their request.

Perhaps you could adapt it to request contributions towards your kitchen?

I'm sure most people would rather get you something that you really need.

Hope this helps.

Sal xxx

Hi, thanks for the reply Sally.

I have actually made up a little poem which I would like opinions on please....

"WE HAVEN'T GOT A WEDDING LIST
THE REASONS WE'LL EXPLAIN
IT'S TO SAVE YOU ALL THE AGGRO
AS SHOPPING IS A PAIN!

WE THOUGHT WE'D ASK YOU ALL
FOR SOMETHING ELSE AS WE WED

A SMALL CONTRIBUTION
FOR US TO BUY A KITCHEN INSTEAD

SO IF YOU'D LIKE TO CONTRIBUTE
TOWARDS OUR LITTLE ROOM
WE OFFER YOU OUR HEART FELT THANKS
- WITH LOVE THE BRIDE AND GROOM!”

I'm no poet, but me and my friends have spent hours on it and don't think it's inappropriate, what do you think?

I think it's a fab idea but I'm having trouble on the 2nd verse, bit of a tongue twister. A bit of tweaking & I reckon you're there. Hope I've not upset you but the 1st & 3rd are so spot on. This is only my opinion & others may find it OK or even help with the tweaking........ GUYS!!!. Well done.

Sonia

yep, I like it too and I think people will appreciate the effort that's gone into composing it!

like it! - my mum & dad went to a wedding last year - at which the young children of the bride and groom were present, and the invites were worded in a similar verse 'from' the kids! very sweet - and original! makes a nice change from the usual invites that get sent out x

Thanks for your comments guys. Sonia don't worry about offending me, I asked for opinions and I thrive on positive criticism! Any ideas on the tweaking front anyone? I have spent so long on it now that even trying to think of something else just won't happen! You know how it is, my mind has gone into overdrive!

Latest posts

Back