Help needed with fills and removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

florence2004

Reaction score
Hi Geeks!
I need some advice. I have 2 brand new clients booked in on Saturday (yay) one wants a removal of her existing set which she says is gel but she does not know which brand and so I have no idea whether it is a soak off or a buff off. Any advice on the best way to remove them?

2nd client wants a fill and re application of gel polish. Again she does not know the brand of gel or gel polish. As this is a fill should I just buff the whole thing or should I try to soak off the gel polish first?

when doing a set of enhancements and sculpting a coloured tip that the client may want changed in 3 weeks time should you always sculpt a layer of clear first so that on the fill you can buff down to this and then change the colour or would you do a complete new set? What would this be charged at? In the other salons here they always put tips on or use the natural nail when there is enough growth and buff the original colour right off.

Thanks
Jackie

Anyone able to help with this? My clients are in this morning!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

Sorry you did not get any help .. I had no internet connection for a week Or I would have jumped in to assist. :hug: For the future .....

If you do not know what someone has on their nails, then proceed as if it is the hardest to remove. If a gel polish then break the top coat with a file and proceed a s normal with an Acetone wrap.

If a gel enhancement product then proceed to file the product off to 90% of the way and then soak the remaining remnants off in Acetone wraps.

Always think of the worst scenario and proceed in that manner ... bonus if you are wrong and it's CND which comes off very easily in 10 minutes if Shellac, and about 20 if it is Brisa Light Sculpting gel.

Last edited:
Thanks Geeg! I only ended up doing one as I am so slow! It ended up being a rebalance so I buffed off the gel polished, did the finish filing on the gel, filled and applied new Shellac. Very happy with results so at least I will know what is on there next time! If I am doing a fill on Shellac and Brisa, do you soak off the Shellac or buff it off?

Thanks Geeg! I only ended up doing one as I am so slow! It ended up being a rebalance so I buffed off the gel polished, did the finish filing on the gel, filled and applied new Shellac. Very happy with results so at least I will know what is on there next time! If I am doing a fill on Shellac and Brisa, do you soak off the Shellac or buff it off?

I would buff it, honey. x

If you are sculpting a coloured tip that you know a client wants changing, then I would sculpt a clear layer first. It will save you time when doing a rebalance. This is what I was taught on my training and it definitely saves time. Just make sure your first layer isn't too thick. A lesson I learnt! x

Latest posts

Back