Help on Gels Please!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonicbeauty

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I just wondered if anyone could recommend a good gel, im having problems with what im using (light box) from nail order, im not sure if it is me or the gel!! they just dont seem to be lasting, when chatting to beauty friends they say im doing everything right but 1 - 2 nails are pinging off after a few days!!

what i do for gel overlays......

buff natural nail
apply fusion gel and cure leave tacky!
apply gel
cure for around 3 min each nail
apply seal it in cure for about 1 - 2 min

i use acetone to take any oil out of the natural nail before hand.

and the same process with tips, so is it me doing something wrong or do i need to change my products, some advice would be great as i hate clients calling me after a few days and its costing me to go back and do them!! i dont do a lot of gels mabie 2-3 a week, please could anyone advise me of a good gel to use.

just out of interest one client like her natural nails french manicured before the gel overlay, as this is how she has had it done in turkey, can this be done, seem a good idea as the french manicure wil not chip but cant see how the gel will bond if there is varnish under!!! HELP!!!!

Thanks in advance

Stacey xx:rolleyes:

I find the same problem I use novou & find if they tips are long the come off straight away. It seems ok if the tips are kept short though.

I use Creative's Brisa gel, it is as strong as L&P and long lasting. I haven't heard of your brand so am unable to help specifically

From what you say, your prep does not include removing all dead tissue from the nail plate, you do not use a sanitiser on the the nail plate and this may lead to problems.

Your description of the gel application indicates that you are not building an apex, this will lead to breakages etc.

Have you trained in this product? if so you should return to your trainer as they will be able to tweak your problems - HTH

hi,i was having same problems until i find the gel that it"s work for me,with the help and sugestions from this site i try nsi gels and i really glad i did ,i"m very happy no more problems and very easy to work.good luck with your chouse[sorry me english it"s not that good in writing]:)

Hi,

I have been a long time user of IBD, and think that its a great, repitable product to work with. Like adel, I have not heard of the brand that you are using, so I cannot compare and tell you what you may be doing wrong specifically.

If your client is wanting long gel nails, then you must make sure you have built the nails up properly making sure you have focused extra attention to the stress area.

Also when using tips, you must make sure you have properly sized them and have removed the shine and capped the free edge, other wise they may pop off.

If tips are incorrectly sized they will " "ping" off because of the pressure...

hth x x

I used Young Nails gel products. I tried OPI when I first starting doing them and the product just came off!!!!!! It was awful.. I got so depressed. But then I started with Young Nails' Mani-Q (their soak off product) and finally have graduated to doing tip overlays with their Synergy Build product (hard gel). I like Young Nails mainly because of their prep products. They are unsurpassed in my book.

Latest posts

Back