Help-OPI Beginners Courses vs CND Complete Course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailmadBamos

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I'm new to the site and have spent the last 24 hours soaking up all of the information from the posts but I'd like some specific views from you all on this.

I've been exhaustively researching the training options available to be come a nail technician.

I'm a huge painted natural nail enthusiast but everything I know is self taught and researched. I receive constant compliments on my own nails and nail art and many people have asked why I don't do it professionally so for the first time I'm seriously considering it...but I want to do it right.

I had originally decided on doing a basic mani/pedi qualification and then taking the 2 day Bellisima Gel nails course which would give me a ABT qualification at the end, but then I stumbled upon this site and found that was probably a really bad idea.

So from the posts I've narrowed my options down to OPI and CND as I really want to offer a full service using the best products, but my query is this...

OPI offer a 2 day beginners mani/pedi course, followed by the 7 day beginners foundation course (including enhancements), with an option to then take a 1 day GelColors course. They are 3 separate courses with 3 separate costs which is appealing to me but I wonder if the level of training and experience I will gain with OPI will be comparable to what I would receive if I did the CND Complete course which is 14 days plus 2 extra days for the assessment.

I'm leaning towards OPI solely because, even though there is only a £100 difference in the total of both courses, with OPI I would be able to split it in to 3 blocks of payment. I've been advised by both S2 and Lena White that all courses come with full kit so no difference there.

I'm interested to hear your opinions of OPI versus CND training and what you think I should go for.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the super long post, I'm just really anxious about making the right decision!

Becky

Personally, I'd go CND.

I've not experienced either of the training I just now how people rave about the CND training and how great it is. I do have experience with their customer service and it really is very good.

I went with Nail Harmony because at the time, it better suited me and my schedule. I really do wish I would have had the opportunity to do the CND complete course, despite having loved the course I did.

I still stand by doing what suits you best though :) they are both very good xx

CND, you wouldn't regret it xx

Hi Geeks,

I'm new to the site and have spent the last 24 hours soaking up all of the information from the posts but I'd like some specific views from you all on this.

I'm interested to hear your opinions of OPI versus CND training and what you think I should go for.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the super long post, I'm just really anxious about making the right decision!

Becky

I never followed the OPI course, but i'm re-doing my training with CND now, and it's all i hoped for and more. I'm getting up every tuesday at 5.00u to be in the classroom at 9.30u ( i'm close to the borders of France, in Belgium, the CND training is in The Netherlands) I'm not home before 19.30u due to distance and trafic. But i'm having the time of my life and i'm very happy to be there.
Don't rush things, think it over, save some money and i'm pretty sure you will be more then happy with your CND-training :D

The difference is like you've said your self the CND course is the complete course and the OPI is 3 separate classes. They don't follow on from each other. The CND Complete teaches you how to be a complete nail professional from nail business to applying to products to the science and the history nothing is missed out

I never followed the OPI course, but i'm re-doing my training with CND now, and it's all i hoped for and more. I'm getting up every tuesday at 5.00u to be in the classroom at 9.30u ( i'm close to the borders of France, in Belgium, the CND training is in The Netherlands) I'm not home before 19.30u due to distance and trafic. But i'm having the time of my life and i'm very happy to be there.
Don't rush things, think it over, save some money and i'm pretty sure you will be more then happy with your CND-training :D

Wow, that's dedication! I'm glad to hear that you think the effort is worth it though. I had a feeling the general consensus would be CND but I'd like to hear the point of view from someone who's gone through the OPI training.

Thanks for the comments so far ladies :D

CND without hesitation. The complete course is just that, complete from start to finish. Even has a section on business as well
Vicki x

Hi Becky
I did my manicure, pedicure and gelcolor training with OPI last year whilst Lena white offered it as a special offer package. Although they say you get a kit for the manicure and pedicure course I found I had to replace some of my products just to complete my assessments. The training was adiquate but personally I felt it a little rushed. I must admit I expected more from such a well known brand.

I cant comment on their enhancement training as I never undertook it, but I know personally I will be doing that with CND as the feedback from their course seems to be excellent!

I've trained with both OPI and CND, and its CND all the way for me. The CND training was a lot better and I think the support from sweet squared is amazing. Hope that helps x

Thanks for all the comments and advice ladies.

I think I'll be waiting that little bit longer to save up and go with CND. I only want to have to do this once so it makes sense to do it properly!

I love CND training and do as much of it as I can! As you are in Coventry then I *think* one of your closest training centre will be Peterborough in which case you will have the wonderful Jeni as your educator...you can't go wrong! :)

Hi there
I use OPI gelcolor and also took advantage of their offer to take the training in January. It was only the gelcolor course which was 3 hours and I received 1 gelcolor with the training. I enjoyed it but was quite disappointed as I had really high expectations and thought it could have been better. For me there isn't the help from educators like I hoped there would be. I recently started having my nails manicured by a CND master (I travel an hour every 2 weeks to go to her) and I absolutely love it! Everything from the solar oil to the tech's knowledge and also the product is amazing. As a result I am selling all my OPI and converting. I kick myself now as I wish I had started with CND from the start. Keep us posted on your decision and how u get on😊. Also, I've got a son called Teddy too 😃

Latest posts

Back