Help - pedicure - thick nails what to do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunniebee

Reaction score
had a lady in today for a pedicure and I have never seen nails like it so long think and bent , I could not clip with my nail klippers.

so had to file them down which took an hour! can any one help is there a product to make them softer to clip, or a larger nail clipper, or a product to stop them growing like this?

pedicures are not really my thing but bussines is slow at the momen

Getting yourself a more heavy duty set of clippers for toenails would be your best bet. Sometimes you do come across those suckers that just don't want to budge. I use a set that I got from Sweet Squared but i'm sure you can get them elsewhere. They just have a little more oomph behind them for stubborn toenails.

I would send her to a chiropodist, sounds like she needs them to asses her nails, they are never going to look nice with just a pedicure plus you will need to charge for your time which in her case will be much longer. She and you would be better off if she got them cut at the chiropodist each time and then came to you after. :hug:

Getting yourself a more heavy duty set of clippers for toenails would be your best bet. Sometimes you do come across those suckers that just don't want to budge. I use a set that I got from Sweet Squared but i'm sure you can get them elsewhere. They just have a little more oomph behind them for stubborn toenails.

I agree I have a lady who is much the same, I got a pair from sweet squared used them last week after struggling for months....much easier!! Good Luck

Why not try soaking the customers feet first. This helps to soften the nails.

You should recommend she sees a doctor. What if its a condition and you make it worse??? When I was in school we were told if they are to thick for regular nail clippers, its a doctor's job!

Latest posts

Back