Help please-any idea what's happening?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lunaberry

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
I've been doing Gel Polish for about 2 years now on my nails and on others. I've had no problems, most people get 2-3 weeks wear.
Up until June this year I had l&p on my nails but then took that off and had nothing but normal polish until about August when I went back to gel polish.
For the last month or so I've noticed I can't even get a week out of my gel polish. It starts to chip and then just wants to peel off.
I thought maybe it was my prep so last Thursday I took extra care and time, was meticulous with every step and I've already got
Chips on both index fingers and one starting on my ring finger. I'm getting so frustrated.
My other ladies are not having any problems at all. There's are fine. It's just me.
I'm starting to get a little paranoid in case it's something to do with my health? I'm just baffled,
Any ideas please?
Thanks x

Hard to say but are your nails very flexible and weak? They could be bending and stressing the gel polish. Are you using cuticle oil of any sort?
If not then hit them with plenty throughout the day.

Hard to say but are your nails very flexible and weak? They could be bending and stressing the gel polish. Are you using cuticle oil of any sort?
If not then hit them with plenty throughout the day.

Thanks for your reply.
Not sure about my nails but my hands are very dry at the minute and I've been applying lots of hand cream. But I have been a bit lapse with the cuticle oil. I will try that. Thanks xx

Are your nails flakey? If so, when the nails flakes the gel polish can come with it.

Latest posts

Back