HELP Please! Bleached hair like straw

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaziwanek

Reaction score
Hi hair geeks, I would really appreciate your advice!!
I got my hair bleached 4 weeks ago (I was dark brown).
My hair in in an unmanagable state!!

It feels like straw and when it is wet in stretches before it snaps.
Is there any hair treatments you could recommend?
I really like having the blond hair and would like to stay blond!

I have used an oil treatment but it lasts only a day

Thank you !

Hi there.

Your hair needs intense protein treatments to strengthen its structure.
Damaged and porous hair loses its strength and structure.
Hair lacking protein will stretch and break. Hair lacking moisture will be very strong and will not stretch very much. (Protein strengthens the hair and Moisture lessens the strength or makes hair stretch more)

Your hair will need several protein treatments to strengthen the cortex.
It will never be completely restored to its natural state until the natural hair grows through, but it certainly will benefit whilst being given these protein treatments.

Any hair that is severely damaged through intense chemical processes will lose its strength, so will need treatments to care for it from the damaged caused by the bleaching ect.

Everyones hair is different. Some peoples hair can withstand more chemical processes more than others.

I would advice you to buy some quality salon protein treatments, or have the treatments themselves done in the salon. There are numerous good treatments available. I personally use Merlin protein treatments. :)

If you want any names of Merlin protein treatments, just message me and I will give you the names of specific protein treatments. However they are not cheap, but are in my opinion top quality salon treatments.

When i first read this blog ,i thought of a client years ago who rang me with the same story,I recomended Lamaur protein treatments for her hair and was thinking about this before i read the reply you got, wow yrs on this fantastic product still gets recomended. This defenately was the best company i ever worked with.

I had the exact same problem a few years ago. I asked my other halfs niece for advise (shes a hairdresser) and she recommended I buy a good quality leave in conditioner (i purchased Aussie), leave on hair for 20 minutes and wrap a plastic bag around my head and heat with a hairdryer to get the conditioner working.
I did this and I was amazed, my hair was almost back to normal afterwards and my hair was bad, the bleach was left on too long and it was straw-like like you said. I even ran my hands through my hair and it cut my thumb!!!!!
I hasten to say I have never been back to the offending salon.
hth's

When i first read this blog ,i thought of a client years ago who rang me with the same story,I recomended Lamaur protein treatments for her hair and was thinking about this before i read the reply you got, wow yrs on this fantastic product still gets recomended. This defenately was the best company i ever worked with.

Yes, I am or was a true lamaur fan. Definitely the best shampoos and Treatments that were ever available during the 80s and early 90s. They don't exsist anymore, but a worker who worked for lamaur now owns the Merlin Company, so I'm told. Their products are based on, or are very similar to the original lamaur products. I now use these Merlin products and they are truly excellent. Just like the lamaur products.

MATRIX 5 + protopak you need, bloody brilliant pure pretein treatment in a schet cost about £3.50 a sachet , just one or 2 a week to use for a 4 week period

I had the exact same problem a few years ago. I asked my other halfs niece for advise (shes a hairdresser) and she recommended I buy a good quality leave in conditioner (i purchased Aussie), leave on hair for 20 minutes and wrap a plastic bag around my head and heat
I agree with the process but not the product. Why use a commercial grade product.....your hair has been through enough, and what its lacking is protien. No shelf conditioner from the drug mart is going to have nearly the protein content as a good professional reconstruct.
Any good salon product, wrapped up in plastic and gently warmed for 30 min or so twice a week will do wonders for your hair.

my hair was the exact same , go into your nearest sallys salon services and ask for the most popular intense moistering treatmen osmo i think its called cant remember t its only about 4 pounds and is honestly amasing !

The absolute best range for your specific problem is Redken's Extreme range.

Thanks everyone for all the advice!! I had a baby 7 months ago which I think effected the hair more!

I am using Schwarzkopf bc repair rescue! It has worked wonders and my hair has actually got it's natural curl back instead of frizz!!

Do you guys think I can continue being blond or should I go back to Brown?

When my hair was a bleach disaster i used to put olive oil on my hair leave it on for as long as i could and wash it out, also use a good conditioner :)

Latest posts

Back