Quantcast

Help please - gel not curing!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

rachel1

Reaction score
I have recently started doing glitter toes using gel. The first 30 or so sets lasted between 4 and 10 weeks! No problems. Then disaster struck! The Nails started to come off but when they did they were really sticky underneath. I have changed everything including using a stronger 4x9w UV lamp. It has happened again what am I doing wrong??

rachel1

Reaction score
I etch nail, then swipe, then protein bond, then base gel and glitter then cure for 2 mins. I swipe then use 2 coats of finish gel curing between each one. Any advice??

becki x

Reaction score
I etch nail, then swipe, then protein bond, then base gel and glitter then cure for 2 mins. I swipe then use 2 coats of finish gel curing between each one. Any advice??
Sorry i'm not a gel user but i had to reply,the word etch sends a shiver down my spine . A quick exfoliation/one swipe with a 240 is plenty of shine removed :D

Lil Linz

Reaction score
Which gel brand are u using hun?

rachel1

Reaction score
Young nails?

pippadoodle

Reaction score
Could be that you need to change your bulbs on your lamp, or you are applying the gel too thick.

rachel1

Reaction score
bulbs are new. I bought a new lamp. I have tried applying base gel thin and thick??

Sassy Hassy

Reaction score

Latest posts