HELP PLEASE If not an IPOD then which MP3

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
I really need a new MP3 and since i've learnt you can only download music from ITunes onto Ipods i've decided i don't want one (I'm not keen on being told where to download from and at what price).

So which other manufacturer to you recommend. At the moment i considering upgrading the memory on my phone, buying a Creative MP3
or maybe a Sony?

So if you've got something other than an Ipod what do you recommend and what's its best feature?

You can downloads tunes from other web sites to Ipod - my husband does it all the time.

Where did you hear that?

You can downloads tunes from other web sites to Ipod - my husband does it all the time.

Where did you hear that?

LOL sounds like an unreliable source

There are several different kinds of audio file on your ipod and you are NOT tied to itunes. You can use MP3, WAV, AIFF, ACC files to name a few.

To enable you to get this music to your ipod you could use ml_ipod, an ipod plug in for WinAmp; for a Mac or PC you could use yamipod.com :: INDEX :: or one of hundreds of other similar free sofware for the purpose.

:)

We have a 20 gig Creative MP3 player and it's fab. I think Apple thought they had cornered the market as they thought they did with their computers...technology moves on.

The Creative Zens are so much better than the i-pods imo

Creative Zen's beat Ipods in most areas including battery life, ease of use and price.

I have an ipod but like you, I dislike having to use Itunes. I've ripped all my own cds to my itunes library, it took me nearly 3 weeks to do them all.

When I've tried to download other stuff it usually looses all it's file details like track titles, album titles, etc.

Given the choice again, I'd go for a Creative Zen

Thanks for all this feedback its so helpfull and really appreciated as I hate buying a gadet and it not living upto its rep.

I think i will got take a look at a Creative Zen.

:hug: Cheers gang

ive got a creative zen micro...
and i just plug it into my laptop and ith works with with windows media player... no faffing ;)
plus its got a radio player on it and i got more gb's for the price than i would have with an ipod

Jess
xox

it has to be a creative if you want a great mp3 player....my mum was the first to get one and has since converted us all!

she bought hers in new york before they were in the uk and everyone who saw it was like "oooh that loks good, i've never heard of creative" and now you can get them all over the place.

they are very easy to use with a clear easy to read screen....very user friendly in my opinion

Yeah Creative MP3 players all the way for me too! Me and my boyfriend both have them and even I find it easy peasy to use lol! :green:

We have a 20 gig Creative MP3 player and it's fab. I think Apple thought they had cornered the market as they thought they did with their computers...technology moves on.

Cathie have you got a docking station for yours as I've been told by comet Curries etc that these are hard to get hold of?

Docking station? Do you mean like the Bose one for the Ipod? If you mean like this so you can play without earphones, yes we do have one, we bought it from Curry's I think, they're not very expensive....unlike to Bose ones

....sounds great too!

Or do you mean to dock it to the computer?

Creative 2.0 SBS VIVID 80 LOUDSPEAKERS IN BLACK review cheap prices 2.0 SBS VIVID 80 LOUDSPEAKERS IN BLACK Creative best buy discount online uk shop

Currys - Shop for Minispeakers - Logik PS200 <script>document.write(spkr2)</script> this is the one we have

and here are some creative ones CREATIVE buy best deal CREATIVE Accessory best buy and prices shop online price uk

Docking station? Do you mean like the Bose one for the Ipod? If you mean like this so you can play without earphones, yes we do have one, we bought it from Curry's I think, they're not very expensive....unlike to Bose ones

....sounds great too!

Or do you mean to dock it to the computer?

Creative 2.0 SBS VIVID 80 LOUDSPEAKERS IN BLACK review cheap prices 2.0 SBS VIVID 80 LOUDSPEAKERS IN BLACK Creative best buy discount online uk shop

Currys - Shop for Minispeakers - Logik PS200 <script>document.write(spkr2)</script> this is the one we have

and here are some creative ones CREATIVE buy best deal CREATIVE Accessory best buy and prices shop online price uk

These links are fantastic thanks ever so much.

I just want to make sure i get the right product.

There are several different kinds of audio file on your ipod and you are NOT tied to itunes. You can use MP3, WAV, AIFF, ACC files to name a few.

To enable you to get this music to your ipod you could use ml_ipod, an ipod plug in for WinAmp; for a Mac or PC you could use yamipod.com :: INDEX :: or one of hundreds of other similar free sofware for the purpose.

:)

This is interesting as if you go like i have to Curry's Comet etc they all tell you that you are tied to Itunes - no i'm not saying your wrong but just that it's interesting that the official line from Apple is not.

This is interesting as if you go like i have to Curry's Comet etc they all tell you that you are tied to Itunes - no i'm not saying your wrong but just that it's interesting that the official line from Apple is not.

I only know this as my brother is a reviewer for consumer electronics Technology Review Site - Product Reports and Reviews at CNET.co.uk many of the retailers are miss informed, not directly through Apple I'm sure.

He did say however "why would you not want to download onto it through i-tunes? it's much quicker and easier, you are not tied to i-tunes and do not have to buy tracks from the i-store it is a separate thing, you can just use it to download. You can run i-tunes through any computer not just a mac."

This site will help if you if you really don't want to use i-tunes (not sure why you wouldn't want to if you can):
Can I use an iPod without the iTunes software? | Ask MetaFilter

Don't really know any more about it myself x :)

I only know this as my brother is a reviewer for consumer electronics Technology Review Site - Product Reports and Reviews at CNET.co.uk many of the retailers are miss informed, not directly through Apple I'm sure.

He did say however "why would you not want to download onto it through i-tunes? it's much quicker and easier, you are not tied to i-tunes and do not have to buy tracks from the i-store it is a separate thing, you can just use it to download. You can run i-tunes through any computer not just a mac."

This site will help if you if you really don't want to use i-tunes (not sure why you wouldn't want to if you can):
Can I use an iPod without the iTunes software? | Ask MetaFilter

Don't really know any more about it myself x :)

Thanks for this it all helps

The only reason why not is i hate world domination LOL and IPOD seem to be aiming for it but i would use itunes just want to have the option which i like.

Thanks for all this info its really appreciated.

Thanks for this it all helps

The only reason why not is i hate world domination LOL and IPOD seem to be aiming for it but i would use itunes just want to have the option which i like.

Thanks for all this info its really appreciated.

You're welcome, although personally I must admit I do not know that much about the tecnical side!

In my world
World domination = bad but Apple products = very good

Therefore me = confused most of the time with the big Apple debate

I think Apple is like Marmite :eek:

It's an interesting debate though i-pod vs the rest
MP3 players at CES: Predictions for 2007 - Crave at CNET.co.uk

Latest posts

Back