Help please, need colour advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rozza

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a client who wanted to go from dark brown level 3 to copper ombré so I lifted the ends first with 10 vol to lift it to about a level 6 I used 10 vol because I wanted to lift it slowly and keep an eye on the process. Washed the bleach off then applied 6.43 cromatone colour. It turned into a lovely copper she like it so much she decided she wanted it all over. So again I bleached the top leaving out her new regrowth as she’s a natural level 6 washed off the colour but applied what I thought would be a more vibrant copper 6.4 but it turned more red copper and she didn’t like it my mistake should have just stuck with the same colour 6.43 soo is it best to use a colour remover to get rid of the red tone? Then apply 6.43 in a Demi she’s 50% percent grey so I’ll be adding 50% 6.0 natural 50% target colour 6.43 or do I go a shade lighter because im going to be removing colour first ahhhh please help with suggestions It’s been driving me crazy As I want her to be happy xxxxxx

As it’s the correct level but just a little too red, I’d probably do a light cleanse to remove excess colour and see what I’m left with and then mix a toner accordingly.

Hmm thought I'd replied to this question but my message hasn't shown for some reason?
Basically the same as @AcidPerm said. I would normally go in with bleach and water first to remove any unwanted tones and then I suspect you'll just need to add some gold to the colour. Avoid mid lengths and ends obviously.

Aww thank you for your help that sounds great what colour would you suggest for the all over colour ? X

Do you have a 6.3 or 6.33 is cromatone? Or a 6.34?

I have 6.03 and 6.34 so I’ll mix one of these with 6.0 for her greys should I use permanent or a Demi ? Thank you I really appreciate it x

I’ll see if I can send you a pic of my goal when she likes it ...

This is what I need to achieve all over x

Attachments

• 5A4B29CA-D8E0-45F5-9F4E-39B35F6AC377.jpeg
    5A4B29CA-D8E0-45F5-9F4E-39B35F6AC377.jpeg
    236 KB · Views: 26
Does she have a natural root at the moment? How old is the current 6.4 on the top?
What I would do is, lift the 6.4 first, dry assess if your happy with how it's come up then apply 6.0 and 6.43 permanent for the natural/grey root and then on the areas where the 6.4 was removed from apply demi /quasi 6.34 add gold booster/intensifier if needed. Then use demi/quasi 6.34 on the ends to freshen the tone if needed.

No because I did her colour 2 weeks ago ahh that sounds like a better plan rather than using colour remover. so bleach wash the hair all over to get the red tone out. Dry it then apply the the colours you suggested honestly can’t thank you enouf xx

This is the pic I got her to send me one :) this colour is what I need to bleach wash x

Attachments

• 43358956-4C99-41AB-B3E4-6B7839A64F6D.jpeg
    43358956-4C99-41AB-B3E4-6B7839A64F6D.jpeg
    339.2 KB · Views: 18
No because I did her colour 2 weeks ago ahh that sounds like a better plan rather than using colour remover. so bleach wash the hair all over to get the red tone out. Dry it then apply the the colours you suggested honestly can’t thank you enouf xx
No I would only bleach was the area where you've applied to 6.4, if she likes the colour on the ends then avoid them until the last colour process

I applied the 6.4 all over so she wants to go back to 6.43 all over x

Ahh I see. Yes a full bleach cleanse then, and recolour with a semi 6.34

Thank you it’s so nice to have second opinions especially when mobile xx

Latest posts

Back