Help please re room rental potential problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelley-Anne

Reaction score
hi biz geeks,
really need some advice and fast!!
i have been renting 2 beauty rooms in a hairdressers for nearly 2 years and im doing really well. however the owner of the hair salon wants to rent a small room at the front of the shop to a nail tech who is going to use the room to teach new nail techs. im really worried as i do the same nails she is teaching. and what is stopping her poaching my clients. the owner of the hair salon said she will draw up a contract telling her she will be out if she does take my clients, but i cant take that chance!!!
help, what do i do, iv already had harsh words with her and i dont want to say something i will regret!!
sorry to rant on but this is making me ill with worry
:irked:

Harsh words with her already? Why?
I'm not taking sides, but she's renting the space just as you do. So it's up to the owner, though it looks to me that she wants to enjoy some cat fight or what? :eek:

And that contract thing... restricting second tech to take your clients... ok, but what would clients feel like? Can you forbid someone to decide where to have their nails done?

Sorry if I sound harsh, I really don't mean to, I really feel for you and understand your worries. But just saying "damn her and poor you" never did anyone much use. So it seems to me that all you can do is:

1. Go away and rent elsewhere, which I doubt you would or want to and leave your clients.

2. Stay there and live in war. Clients feel bad atmosphere and antagonism of any kind. They want their nails done in peace and not look at the other salon and gossip. So eventually they will leave both of you.

3. Stay there, be friendly and do the best you can. Beat that other tech in quality, not lower price. Or better, not to think that you should beat anyone.

I'm home based, on 4th floor with no elevator, dozen other techs with beautifull salons within 1 km around me, and I don't see them as my enemies and still I'm the most expencive, and getting more and more clients because I'm confident in what I do and don't think that my success is somebody else's fall.

Just my humble opinion.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back