Help please-Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brervixen

Reaction score
Hi lovelies, after some advice please:
I have a client who has VERY thin, Very flexible nails. They're really paper thin. She has given shellac "another try" as she had it before and they all popped off in a day (as it transpires from further questioning it wasn't CND Shellac) - So.. thursday night I did her nails. My PEP is good, my application is good, I did my CND Shellac brings them back course on monday so it was perfect, I even bought some nail fresh and used that to help.

Well, her thumb nail shellac has peeled - I am GUTTED. Could there be anything I did that would cause this, and is there any hints or tips for better adhesion in the future :(

Could she benefit from the brisa lite smoothing gel for the added strength?
Also if the rest are still in tact could have she picked something without knowing? In my expierence the index and thumbs are first to go as they are the most dominant fingers when it comes to picking etc x

Shellac doesn't last long on me either as my nails really curl when in water, but I wear brisa lite sculpting gel under my shellac, makes such a difference,
Eventually yes my middle two nails may start lifting but I get at least 10 days x

Hey Hun my natural nails are soo thin and bendy and shellac barely lasts a few days on me :( defo try BL smoothing, not tried it on myself yet but will be doing xxx

Her nails may be to thin to hold anything, they would act as an over filed nail bed and always peel. I think her best bet is to go on certo (1 tsp every morning in a cold beverage) to thicken up her nails, then maybe try again. Hope this helped :)

Her nails may be to thin to hold anything, they would act as an over filed nail bed and always peel. I think her best bet is to go on certo (1 tsp every morning in a cold beverage) to thicken up her nails, then maybe try again. Hope this helped :)

What is certo and how does it work? My nails are so thin too and bend so easy. Shellac doesn't stay on so I usually use bio sculpture.

Op I don't think you did anything wrong as the other geeks said. Don't be too gutted it happens xx

LolliDolli💋

I'm determined to get it to work! She's also a good friend and really wants to have stronger nails too.
She said about having acrylics on, but I refused as the last thing I would do (well I would never do) is buff her natural nail, they're too weak.
I've messaged her about Brisa Lite so I think we're going to give that a go! :)

Certo is what u put in jam to make it thicker :) (i recommend the powder version) so by taking it it works on ur nails from the inside and makes them thicker and stronger :) good luck :)

Latest posts

Back