Help please with leg waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbe!

Reaction score
Hi all, has anybody got any tips on leg waxing. Quite often after I wax legs they still feel slightly prickly, I'm trying to rub really firmly on the wax strip before pulling off but wondered if anybody else finds this or has a solution.
Thanks x

Hi all, has anybody got any tips on leg waxing. Quite often after I wax legs they still feel slightly prickly, I'm trying to rub really firmly on the wax strip before pulling off but wondered if anybody else finds this or has a solution.
Thanks x

These will be the hairs that have been growing beneath some of the other hairs. Not all hairs are in the active stage of growth when removed. Some will have detached from the bulb (no bulb in the end) and a new hair growing below. The hairs with bulbs won’t have any hair growing below and so waxing will last longer fir those but the hairs without a bulb will have a hair already growing with some being closer to the surface than others. If usually takes 3 or 4 waxes at 4 week intervals before it’s possible to get as many hairs as possible growing at closer intervals where they can then be removed together. There will always be some hair growth in between though due to the variation in growth between hairs. If a client doesn’t keep to 4 week intervals then the hairs will continue to grow with longer variations in growth and will always have more hairs growing between appointments rather than lesser hair growing between appointments. The aim is to try and catch as many hairs as possible as they enter the active stage (with no hair growing below), but if they wait longer between appointments then more of the hairs will have separated from the bulb with new hairs already growing underneath.

Totally agree with freelance trainer. I have spent many times explaining in great detail to my clients about the complex growth cycle of the hairs. All you can do is get them to exfoliate before their appointment. This will help all the tiny hairs just coming up to the top of the to get a chance of being removed.
Many are plucked...within reason. I have spent many a while plucking!!Ha ha,
Hot wax/hard wax is more successful with shorter hairs, but that's another way of waxing if you aren't familiar with it.
Good luck

Thanks so much for the advice, sorry it took me so long to reply I couldn't log on to salongeek for some reason!
Xx

As above, your clients need to stick religiously to a 4week schedule and EXFOLIATE, EXFOLIATE, EXFOLIATE! Homecare is so important in getting a great wax, so defintely educate your clients and nag about exfoliating & moisturising between appointments :)

Latest posts

Back