Help pre bonded bonds, gone tacky and soft

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sealing wont be the reason for tacky unless the nail tip is opening. If opening, yes, moisture will be entering the bond and will then compromise by results of tacky. If not opening then its product abuse penetrating incorrectly or the fact they are sitting wet and absorbing water over a much too long period. One other thing... sunbeds and over exposure to direct sunlight/intense heat.... that's a no no too! x

Hi there, I'm not sure exactly how to resolve the issue except from removing and refitting the hair (either with brand new hair or using rebonds) but to prevent it happening in future the following should help:

- ensure hair is fully dried at roots after washing using hair dryer on not too hot
- avoid using products on the bonds, except shampoo specifically for hair extensions. Normally this can be purchased from your hair supplier. If not, Sally's sell X-10 which is good (be sure to take advantage of VAT Free days)
- don't touch the bonds with hot styling tools
- excessively greasy hair is sometimes not compatible with bonds

Ummm there's probably more tips, will post if it comes to me.

Hope that helps.

Oh yes, ensure hair is thoroughly rinsed when washing.

I'll be back with more tips i imagine!

Sulphate free shampoo and conditioner will be best.

I think people presumed you were not a hair pro when you asked for otc products

A couple have opened up abit so I reckon it's a mix of both me not sealing proper and her leaving it wet for to long and possible the shampoo she's used, plus with the weather being hot shes bin sat out in the sun so that won't of help either lol, so bonds wouldn't be the best option if people are going on holiday had few people asking about having it done before there holidays would micro loop be the better method? x

Thanks LBT any tips are welcome 😀 x

To be honest, any method of extensions are not ideal for holidays with sun, sea and chlorine! My advice... wait till you get back or use your old set on your hols. Failing that your clients need to accept the possible consequences .... harsh but so true!

Thanks LBT any tips are welcome 😀 x

Hee hee my brain is telling me to sleep but one last thing...the hair wash prior to fitting extensions should be with shampoo only, preferably clarifying shampoo, and no other products/conditioner applied.

After the bonds have been fitted they shouldn't be washed for a minimum of 48hrs.

Please don't be disheartened, hopefully this'll be a one off. I don't think you need to persuade clients to go for micro rings for holidays. I've done bonds on clients for holidays and they've had no problems - providing the follow the aftercare, but perhaps another geek could give a more definitive answer on that.

it's better to be honest, but sometime clients won't have it and they want what they want lol I would be honest with them and not recommend it but just stress aftercare to them and explain the consequences x

That's all you can do Amy.. advise and warn.... its then their own decision but it will at least be an informed decision. Good Luck with everything! x

Hey hun this happened to one of my clients today....they had been fine for 6 weeks ...I've put it down to the heat, sitting in the sun, not washing hair enough so greasy roots and otc shampoo and cond she also doesn't dry her hair...luckily she's a friend and when she asked me to put them back in I refused and put them in the bin untill she starts looking after her hair....I'm new to this too but have been doing hair for years, we live and learn hun x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Haha thank you LBT, you can get some sleep now I will be to soon myself, be on here most of the night learned quite abit thanks for all your advise

Thank you for all your advise studio 58 x

Hiya SarahE I did my sisters hair think it was the last weekend in June and it seem fine until a week ago, and because I'm new to it I started panicking loads and didn't think the warm weather could affect it as much as It probably has but like you say we live and learn and Iv learnt quite abit off here! Just glad it happened on my sister, bet you friend wasn't happy with you throwing her hair away but hopefully it will teach her lesson lol x

Oh believe me there's more to the story...it was a purple colour flash she had managed to turn green...nothing todo with the fact she had been using silver spoo and swimming on hol ...salon geek is brilliant for advice especially with us newbies extending our business , it's my late night read :-D x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

i did my training there too and confused to when i came on here bout where to get good hair bookmarked few sites but still nervous bout using them xx

Leaving the bonds to naturally dry can course then to become sticky and can also make the hair shedding. as if the bonds are left wet they can expand. Make sure your clients always dry there bonds off fully and if they want to let the hair dry naturally just leave then ends

Latest posts

Back