Help! Products stuck in my brush!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanita

Reaction score
(and again, sorry for my bad english!)

Im new, and now both my brushes got products in it! I use kolinsky brushes and retention (from CND) liquid and powder. How do i treat my brush now to get rid of the product (stiff powder in my brush) from my brush? its stuck! do i stick it in a bottle of retention and let it stay there, or what should i do?

Please, help me! :eek:

maybe try soaking your brush (es) in clean monomer then softly try to remove the product with an orange stick,, well this is how i was taught anyhow. :)

You need to soak it in a dappen dish of monomer overnight, preferably suspended so it does not sit in the bottom.

Then try and work the product out by working it over a plastic backed pad. If it doesn't all come out, re soak and go again...

Envy said:
You need to soak it in a dappen dish of monomer overnight, preferably suspended so it does not sit in the bottom.

Then try and work the product out by working it over a plastic backed pad. If it doesn't all come out, re soak and go again...

Ok, excuse me, cause my english isnt quite good, but i now have it in a dappendish in retention liquid, but what does suspended mean? That it will not bow/bend in the bottom of the dappendish? i dont know exactly how to take care of it in the best way... so how do i make it stand straigth and not touching the bottom? any tips?

Thank you so much for answering, im in a little panic right now since those brushes are so expensive!

Tanita said:
(and again, sorry for my bad english!)

Im new, and now both my brushes got products in it! I use kolinsky brushes and retention (from CND) liquid and powder. How do i treat my brush now to get rid of the product (stiff powder in my brush) from my brush? its stuck! do i stick it in a bottle of retention and let it stay there, or what should i do?

Please, help me! :eek:
Yes, monomer will soften and loosen hardened acrylic, however do not leave it soaking unattended and forget about it, as your brush hairs will take on a horrendus new shape. Check it frequently.

Brush cleaner and/or acetone will remove product also, but will change the chemistry of the product in your brush because traces of these chemicals are left behind.

Always follow manufacturer's direction for cleaning and care. HTH

If you use blue tack (like chewing gum to stick things to the wall)
use a large blob to hold the brush up, so the hairs are not resting in the bottom. This way you don't have to worry about them taking on a funky new shape ;)

I cut the top of the long peice of a pippette (eye dropper) leaving about 8cm of the long piece above the bulb (bowl) part and then fill the bottom bulb piece with monomer and put the brush into the pipette so that the bristles are in the monomer without any other part of the brush and it is suspended so that the bristles (flags) are not touching the bottom I soak overnight and then wipe on a lint free wipe and it is ususally fine...repeat this if needed.:) THis works every time for me
You are probably working too wet if this brush clogging s happening.

Thank you soooo much for so helpful answers! :)

I checked my brushes and wiped them off on a pad and in the monomer again, and repeated to wipe and dip, and it already is fine! :green:

I looked in the dappendish and it was alot of glitter in it (I did a set with a mix of "City of peace" Metro metal powder and clear powder) so now they are fine again!

Phew!

Thanks again everyone, you are all angels!

Prevention is the best thing for product stuck in brush.

Most of the time it's when you are working too wet, or overworking your product. This is when it pushes into the hairs and gets stuck.. yuck.

Also when ever you finish application remember - very important - clean your brush with fresh monomer!! The leftovers in the bottom of your dappen dish are probably contaminated and won't help clean your brush. Fresh monomer will ensure your brush stays clean, healthy and happy.

No one wants a grumpy brush ;)

Thanks, thats a great tip, ill remember that next time. :)

Latest posts

Back