Help re: crystal nails gel art?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisawh

Reaction score
Hi 👋

I'm wondering how you do your nail art and what you use?

I tried doing nail art with cn coloured gels but they're not vibrant enough and needed like 3 goes resulting in thicker nails and they ran a bit :(

Also I did the nail art under the builder gel and c curve - is that when you do it? I used to get my gel nails done (diff brand) and tech always did thick gel nail art and then a gloss and I prefer the art closer to the top iykwim but not sure I can do the nail art on top of the builder?

Advice really appreciated ! Xxx

Please help! Lol x

Hi :), witch nailart you would like to do? It's all depends of art type.... Acrylic paint? Foil transfer? Gel paint? It's lots difrent ones :) and they done in difrent stages :))

Not foil transfer. What can I use on the gels for art? I tried using other hard gels but consistency was all wrong. Thank you so much for your reply! Xx

You can use everything on the gel, you can pain with acrylic paints or with color gels,crystal nails has amazing range of royal gel colors :)you can use the for art as well ,they are very pigmented. Another good source to get some ideas is you tube ;). There is lots of step by step tutorials.

Ah thank u! My educator said acrylic paints were go acrylic nails only but I know she's talking from a textbook rather that what people can do . I've found the crystal coloured gels to not be that pigmented and therefore awful to do nail art with I found anyway . Thanks for you reply! Do you do the nail art before the builder gel and c curve ? Xx

Ah thank u! My educator said acrylic paints were go acrylic nails only but I know she's talking from a textbook rather that what people can do . I've found the crystal coloured gels to not be that pigmented and therefore awful to do nail art with I found anyway . Thanks for you reply! Do you do the nail art before the builder gel and c curve ? Xx

No no acrylic paints are good for all nails, you just need a good brand like Crystal Nails, sam biddle, or polycor, I use acrylic paint on ready done nail, after when you smooth the surface of the nail just before top layer of gel( top coat)
Are you sure you tried Crystal Nails color gels? Cos I'm using them and they are the best of the best, they are the most pigmented.
You do all sort of nail art under builder gel if it glitter, cracked shells etc, if it is painting just before top coat

Haha I found my problem! I was using their neon and the educator today told me it's no good for nail art and said same as you! Also I am not fussed on the top shine and she told me I would prefer top seal as it's slightly thicker so thank you so much. I'm quite good at the arty stuff but want to master it before I start publicising iykwim I want to be 100% happy with the work people pay me for - I'm a little OCD ! Lol thanks very much for your help xx

You welcome ;) me as well I love nail art and everyday practice gives more confidence ;)

Latest posts

Back