help re. handwashing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laneypants

Reaction score
Hi all i hope you can help, I am doing a bit of a promotional thing but there are no handwashing faciities nearby, does anybody have any bright ideas what i could do?

Try non-rinse antibacterial handwash. Your local beauty wholesaler should have it but if not, they sell it in two different sizes at Superdrug.

is that like the gel stuff you use in hospital? I have some of that, do you think that will be enough?

laneypants said:
is that like the gel stuff you use in hospital? I have some of that, do you think that will be enough?

Yes, it's exactly that ... as to whether it will be enough, it all depends on what kind of promotional thing you are doing and whether you think it is sufficient so far as personal hygiene is concerned.

well we're going to be set up to do all nail services, so I'm thinking that really i need a soap and water set up but all i can think of is a big flask of water and a bowl, so I am hoping there might be something a bit more practical and more professional looking..any thoughts?

If you have no access to water, then you are going to be limited as to what you can do and what you can offer. If you use a flask and bowl, how are you going to dispose of the water between clients, and how are you going clean and dry the bowl?

How about tea tree wet wipes then gel between each client?

thats a good idea i guess they would have some in superdrug or somewhere like that. I thought also about a spray bottle with a soap solution in it. I'll definately look out for some wipes tho, thank you!!

Personally, I would use Hibisol or Hibiscrub...this is the stuff they use in hospitals so you know it is trusted and reliable.

Hibisol is a liquid...you can put it in a spray bottle and spray anything that moves!!!
Hibiscrub is the gel form...just rub it into your hands and go!!!

I find my clients are very reassured using a product that is used by hospitals.

It is not expensive...I order it from my local chemist...£2.95 for 500ml
(I used to use The Edge Sanitising Spray...same stuff...but £5.99 for only 250ml ex VAT!!!)

that great thank you, definately worth getting some hibiscrub then. Its amazing what you would never have thought of yourself yet seems so blaringly obvious when someone else suggests it:o thanks guys

Ive just orded some hibiscrub from my local chemist, with the hibisol does it have to be watered down or used as it is..also is ot ok the sterilise my tools with it...

Latest posts

Back