Help re toner please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel123

Reaction score
So today at work , was very quiet so I did one of the girls a full head h/ l she colours her hair every 3/4 weeks and is a base 6 naturally and coloured to 6/53 , used plat and 9% was very golden and then used wella 10/8 to tone as tone was definitely orange , left it on 20 mins and although it toned it slightly was still really golden ! Is there anything else I can use ? Tks x

If you use 9% peroxide with the bleach you just being out warmth. Use 6% and where you can, use 3%
As for the tone, I use Clynol but you need a blue based ash not violet. It sounds like you've used a violet ash. If the hair is very orange then it will be too dark to time and you will need to re-bleach using only 3%
Hope this helps

I wanted to use 6% but she wanted 9% , yes I think I will have to go over it with some plat and 3% to lift it more tks

Yes I think that's the best option then apply the toner again once it's done if it's yellow 😊

Add some mixertone into the 10/8 Hun xx

Just checked the wella colour wheel that toner is definitely blue based, so I'd say prob just not lifted light enough ! Felt awful - not that it was really bad or anything but u know when it's a colleague u want it perfect !!

[QUOTE=Chantelle we don't have it in salon so have never used it , how does that work? Sorry prob sound a bit stupid !! Tks x

Don't be silly lol mixertone are for creating your own colours say when your using double bases for resistant hair. Adding mixer tone to your colours to counteract undertones or tones that are strong say in your case some times tho you have to lift it more before toning. You can use them pre pigging. Making creative mixes say if you want the tone stronger. They have lots of use lol. Xx

If it's was orange and gold then it had lightened to around a 8/9 so you need to use a level 8/9 toner- 10/8 is to be use on hair that's lightened to a 10- very pale yellow- it didn't sound like you had this to start with

Tks for your help 😊back in on tue and will try lifting to a lighter shade with the platinum and 3% and try the same toner again !

Latest posts

Back