Help- self employment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilbex123

Reaction score
Advice greatly appreciated fellow geeks :)
I have just opened my own salon and am looking to have somebody else come into the shop on a self employed basis.
We had agreed a 50/50 split of anything she earns. However i would quite like to keep it so that i buy all of the products and supply them to our clients. She would be working under my shops name however having her own client base. WOuld i be able to provide her products?
Also we would be taking bookings for one and other would that also be seen as self employeed?
Would she need her own appointment book?
She also has another job so has asked me for three set days a week which i am more than happy with. She comes and go when she pleases however we book appointments for one and other in our set days. She is fuly insured etc in her own right.
Hope this makes sense.
Rebecca

You can supply the products (the split in beauty is usually 60/40 with 60% going to the party buying products) but she should be working under her own business name within your salon, she should take her own bookings & yes she should have her own appointment book, she should set her own prices, wear whatever she wants, come & go as she pleases (so this means she could choose NOT to come in on one of your agreed days just because she doesn't want to & there is nothing you can do) and she should have all her own client records, she should be able to offers whenever she wants (& choose not to do offers when you are).

Latest posts

Back