Help Shellac doesn't last 2 weeks.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi guys,have been reading all your threads regarding shellac and as much as i love it, it is not lasting a week let alone 2 weeks on my clients. I have only started offering the service and all clients are chipping. i am using cnd lamp etc, but am using nsi dehydrater so dont know if that is a contributing factor. i am following the application strictly from the cnd tutorials so dont know what i am doing incorrectly. I am fed up now and dont know if i should use gelish as this seems to have good reviews. the only thing putting me off is that my clients like the idea of not having any buffing before the application. please help!!:confused:

The best bit of advice I can give you is to do a shellac brings em back course. It doesn't cost a lot and you will learn so much.

When done properly shellac can last 2 weeks at the very least. I've had it on for nearly 4 weeks before without a single chip!

I would stick to only the products recommended as any others may effect the shellac. Do you advise solar oil for home care and do the clients all follow your aftercare? :)

You are mixing products by using nsi with cnd. Try using scrub fresh and see if that solves the issue.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

hi hun

As the geeks have said above get some scrubfresh as cnd advises. Enrolling in a course would be well worth it too.

With chipping there could be a few reasons such as capping as opposing to swiping the free edge thus making the free edge bulbous and prone to chipping, the condition of the clients nails could have an effect ie if their nails are peeling they can peel and take the shellac with it, so gently buff the area with a high grit file in the direction of the nail growth to smooth it out before applying shellac to eliminate the problem. Just a couple of ideas to think about, but definitely get that scrubfresh ;)

love n hugs x x o

Hi guys,have been reading all your threads regarding shellac and as much as i love it, it is not lasting a week let alone 2 weeks on my clients. I have only started offering the service and all clients are chipping. i am using cnd lamp etc, but am using nsi dehydrater so dont know if that is a contributing factor. i am following the application strictly from the cnd tutorials so dont know what i am doing incorrectly. I am fed up now and dont know if i should use gelish as this seems to have good reviews. the only thing putting me off is that my clients like the idea of not having any buffing before the application. please help!!:confused:

I use Gelish and I never buff the natural nail, mine lasts on my client's up to 4 weeks! x

Don't you have to train to use Shellac?

Don't you have to train to use Shellac?

No you only have to have a manicure certificate.

It is highly recommended that you do the course, it's a half day course and doesn't cost much at all!

Other than that you could find your insurance doesn't cover you if you make a claim when you haven't done the course.

I had the same problem so changed to Gelish and now my nails last weeks and weeks without chipping on my clients. And you dont need to buff the nail.

I did the shellac course plus then got a CND trainer for 3 hours to go over my procedure with shellac but that still did not help.

Im sure it is a problem with me not shellac - it could be gelish just suits me better - but I am so pleased I changed to Gelish - it is fantastic.

xx

Who makes Gelish? (sorry for all the questions lol)

Nail harmony. Im thinking of converting too! Going to get a top, colour and base coat and test it on my mum who has the weakest rubbish nails. If it lasts on her I'm sold!

Thank you all for the replies. I think I will go on the Shellac course and get the cnd prep stuff. If after all this it still goes wrong I think i will try gelish...x

GET SCRUBFRESH!!!! I made the same mistake by using the nsi dehydrator. I switched to scrubfresh and haven't had a single chip since. Also make sure your pep is done well :)

I had problems in the beginning too and was sooo close to changing products because I was fed up. It's not shellac that has a problem it's us! ( the techs) don't give up on it! It's an amazing product!

Latest posts

Back