HELP!! - Tantrick Essence of Summer - Top up mist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldengirltan

Reaction score
Help!! I recently sold the gorgeous smelling Tantrick Essence of Summer Mist pump spray bottle to one of my clients. She called me today panicking because she'd used it over the weekend to top-up the spray tan I'd given her last week and she went all patchy!
I went round to see her and all around her wrists and bottoms of the legs were incredibly patchy. I can't understand why it would have development so badly, is there anything obvious that I've missed out on as to why she would have gone this way? She's always had spray tans and knows how to maintain them, ie: no shower for 8-10 hrs etc etc and she promised that she wasn't wearing any creams or perfumes either. It was quite embarrassing as I didn't really know what to say or do....

Please help! Does anyone have any ideas why this happened or has anyone else had this problem?? :cry:

Thank you thank you thank you!!

Ooops sounds like she over did it to me!!!! You need to hold it a good distance (18 inches) from your body and apply lightly, less is more!!! I think even most of the trainers (me included) went overboard with enthusiasm when we first got them too!! There is no guide colour either so remind your clients to take great care, less is more eos is NOT of similar strength to over the counter tanning creams!!! It really will tan their butt off!!!! 18 inches away apply a light mist and less is more!!!!!!!

The liquid in the little pump spray is the same as that which goes through your gun in the salon..this is why this item needs to be sold by a pro that already does spray's and therefore won't end up in general retail.

This is simply a case of overspraying to close to the skin.

When you are selling this item please remember to tell your customer that this is the proper spraytan liquid and not a cheap one you can buy in Boots ..

The correct way to use the pump spray is to hold it at half arms length away and mist lightly....there is very little initial colour guide so "less is more"

The best way to deal with the patchy area where to much spray tan has been applied is to exfoliate around these areas and then lightly reaply the mist.
Good luck and please remember....LESS IS MORE :hug:

Thank you both for your sound advice! I'm quite pleased its nothing I've done wrong, phew!
I did ask her how far she'd sprayed it from and she said about 30 cm so I guess this is probably still too close, I also did say that the solution is as strong as the one I used and therefore if she applied too much that could have been a problem as well so I wasn't far off really which I'm quietly chuffed about. As a newbie to all this it was the first time I'd had a client come back to me with a problem.
Thanks again, I'll give her a call now and pass on your helpful words of wisdom! :wink2:

Latest posts

Back