Help to achieve this colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mercy_x

Reaction score
Hi,

I just wanted some advice.. I've got a client that would like bright red hair.

Her hair has got previous colour on,so I've done a test piece to see how much it would lift with 9% bleach. It lifted to an orange( have uploaded a pic of the strand test so you can see colour it's lifted to)

I'm looking to put wella koleston 77/46, maybe 66/46 and add some 0/45 to help add in more red.

Would it go like the pic of the red colour she is looking to go?

Also, her roots are a base of 5/5 quite dark would I just put the colour on the roots without lifting or? I get abit confused with lifting mid nd ends and putting a colour on nd how to match the roots lol

Oops didn't upload pics..this is the strand test..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 347
And this is the red she likes ..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 4,579
Hi,

I just wanted some advice.. I've got a client that would like bright red hair.

Her hair has got previous colour on,so I've done a test piece to see how much it would lift with 9% bleach. It lifted to an orange( have uploaded a pic of the strand test so you can see colour it's lifted to)

I'm looking to put wella koleston 77/46, maybe 66/46 and add some 0/45 to help add in more red.

Would it go like the pic of the red colour she is looking to go?

Also, her roots are a base of 5/5 quite dark would I just put the colour on the roots without lifting or? I get abit confused with lifting mid nd ends and putting a colour on nd how to match the roots lol

I would bleach her roots to match her mids and ends. Bleach and 3% should be sufficent. Then apply Colour Touch 66/45 with 0/45 mixer tone added. Id use 4% with the CT. Retial her maybe a crazy colour or something of a true semmi. :)

The picture only looks about a level 5 so can i ask why are you thinking of pre lightening her whole head?

Personally I would bleach bath the colour out of the ends to lift up to about a 6 then apply a violet red.
I use Loreal and would use an INOA on the roots and a dia light on the ends as it holds better but I can't advise you on Wella as have not used it for about 8 years x

I think reds have come a long way and long since passed the need to pre lighten to get any vibrancy. Yes you need to colour cleanse but no you do not need to pre lighten.

I'm am a level 4 and have recently used 5.60 and 6.64 dia richesse in my hair after effasol colour remover and it is bright!

Oops didn't upload pics..this is the strand test..

And you certainly DO NOT need to lift her this light! The more you lighten the quicker it will fade off. You are going to use red so I would actually only lift to an orange

Loreal 666 applied on its own its reddd ns when applied on re lighter hair is really red lovely or wella 0/45 applied on pre lighter hair is beautiful done one today first time and loved it.

The picture only looks about a level 5 so can i ask why are you thinking of pre lightening her whole head?

Personally I would bleach bath the colour out of the ends to lift up to about a 6 then apply a violet red.
I use Loreal and would use an INOA on the roots and a dia light on the ends as it holds better but I can't advise you on Wella as have not used it for about 8 years x

I think reds have come a long way and long since passed the need to pre lighten to get any vibrancy. Yes you need to colour cleanse but no you do not need to pre lighten.

I'm am a level 4 and have recently used 5.60 and 6.64 dia richesse in my hair after effasol colour remover and it is bright!

Agree 100% lift the old colour out to a level 6 and apply and lev 5-6 vibrant red with intensifier if needle all over.

If you lift too high Hun the colour won't hold!

I wouldn't Pre lighten the hair. Have you tried loreal majicontrast red? It lifts the hair to a vibrant red and is not damaging to the hair x

I wouldn't Pre lighten the hair. Have you tried loreal majicontrast red? It lifts the hair to a vibrant red and is not damaging to the hair x

If you saw that I'm changing it, wrong thread lol. Her hair is coloured mid length, but virgin roots, will need to remove at least some of the colour otherwise will be bright red roots and dark red mid-ends

But what would she use on the scalp since you can't use maji contrast?

Latest posts

Back