Help! Why did my client's nails turn orange?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilovenails32

Reaction score
PHP:
[B new client I did a nude acrylic set on she left very happy with them but when she came 3 weeks later for a new set she told me it had turned kinda Orange. I've never heard this before and I use the same nude color on myself all the time so I couldn't figure out why it happened. She went on to say she had been in water a lot so maybe that was why. Next set she got was acrylic with ex flow try gel polish, no problems. But again her last set she got 2 weeks ago turned orange. This time she texted me the following day saying the thumb and her right pinky had turned orange! She brought up how they looked very clean and sealed no cracks so again we don't know why it's happening! I only use nsi products. I pushed back & removed cuticles. Buff shine/oil off nail, cleansed & dehydrated with nsi pure plus. Applied acid primer nsi super bond, then glitter mix. Nsi spa "odorless" liquid and clear nsi acrylic powder. Cleansed again, filed and put nsi glaze n go. They looked pretty when she left so idk what's happening:( I attached the pic I took when I did them. Then the pic she sent me of her thumb [/B]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 768
Silly question,but does she smoke? O woukd say its either nicotine stin or chemical stain

Sent from my HTC Desire 300 using SalonGeek mobile app

How about tanning lotion?

A client of mine used a moisturiser that stained her nails a yellowy colour. She avoided pale colours for this reason.

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had already asked her about the smoking and if she hits the tanning beds or uses bronzer she said no. I read somewhere about brush contamination? I always use 1 of my 3 kolinsky brushes. I clean them with acetone. Is that bad?
I also put 2 drops of acetone into my monomer to dry the nails faster, since odorless takes longer to dry. I've been doing that for years never any problems. So idk what's going on with this girl. Oh she just told me her other thumb is turning orange and that one has tiny little bubbles but that it's not lifting

Acetone on the brush i would of thought would break down what holds the bristles in place? Never heard of it going in the monomer either? Yeah could be contamanation,have you popped your brush in monomer and wiped on a clean white tissue? If its yellow i chuck my brushes away

No it doesn't mess up my brushes :) after every application I did the bristles in acetone and wipe on a paper towel, I repeat it like 3 times. Then I dip in in monomer and wipe to make sure it's clean and it is! Like I said I've never had any complaints I have a good clientele. It's just this girl. And I did nails before her set and after and those girls had no problems either. So I'm thinking she's not being honest with me or she's allergic to my products some how. And I had the idea to try the couple drops of acetone into the odorless monomer because that's how u do 3d art so the monomer dries faster and is easier to shape. And it worked well so I stuck with it. If your familiar with odorless it still leaves a racy layer when dry but the drops of acetone does help it dry faster so the monomer won't shift in between application

Its definately the client,if you did clients before and after,we all know they tell porkys lol

I have used NSI products for decades now and I am confident it is not the products but I would suggest to stop using acetone to clean your brushes as it will contaminate your brushes and product long term and contribute to a lesser life for your brushes. You should only ever clean your brushes with clean monomer:)

What does this client do for a living?
It is obvious it is the client who is causing this problem but she doesn't realize it.
Does she wear plastic gloves for work or a lot around home, not the rubber ones but the thinner ones that you through out after every use?
I know from first hand experience and with some of my clients, if we wear the plastic and coloured gloves, our nails can turn a bit yellow/brown.
There are many issues as to why this could be happening to your client but I would suggest you don't go blaming yourself because if clients previous and after her are all ok, then clearly it's something she is doing, be that plastic gloves to trying a lotion in a shop that has reacted (or has tanning ingredients in the lotion) and she has forgotten she has done this, there are many variables as to what she has done to her nails to cause this, I would gently, nicely but sternly let her know that it's her and not you so that she knows she can't put the blame on you or the hard word for a refund.

Is all you can do is keep playing detective and think outside the box as to what could be causing it but you might never know:)

Has she eaten something with strong colours in? Some curries which contain turmeric or other spices can stain yellow etc.

Latest posts

Back