Help with at home highlights!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bellekai90

Reaction score
I have about 3-4 *inches of roots showing, my natural hair is dark brown( Hispanic ancestry) . In the rest of my hair I have a full head of level 7 highlights, it is dark ash blonde tones by the way. The ash aspect is important to me and my hairdresser always achieves that

I'm not able to get in touch with my hairdresser as he is not well and obviously there is a pandemic

I have been told by a few people that developer at 30% will lift my root hair

Now I know my hairdresser is able to lift my roots in one sitting when I get full head retouch up. However I dont know what volume he uses or what toner he uses... any help as to what toner I should use, how much developer with the toner and what volume do I use. Also once roots are lifted, do I just put the toner mix on the lifted roots only?!

Do I mix either violet or blue to the toner?

The actual highlighting technique I have down and will know how to do, I just have to make sure the colour is right

Would appreciate your help!

Thank you

It is against forum rules to provide technical colour advice to an untrained diy-er.
Please be patient a little longer until it is safe for you to visit a hairdresser.

Ooooo I didnt know!

Latest posts

Back