Help with brands to use-beginner!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Char1508

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I’m Charlotte I’ve just joined as I have been reading lots of threads on here recently. I am about to start a home training course for gel nails. I am struggling which brand to use. I read that I need to use the lamp, base, colour and top coat of the same brand for the best results? I wanted to try ikon.IQ but I can’t register with them without a qualification.

I also looked at cuccio but I couldn’t find a lamp on their website?

Any advice on good brands with lamps would be great!

Hi Charlotte

The vast majority of professional brands will only sell to qualified nail techs, although some may sell to students, but you may need to check that the qualification you get at the end of your course is accepted. Unfortunately
not all nail courses are equal and home study courses don't provide the hands on practical side that is so important. I would honestly do as much research as possible about the course you do to make sure you choose the best one possible. A good quality course should provide a kit. Obviously that's not to say you have to stick with it after you're trained but I always wonder how these courses can train students using all different brands as they all apply differently.

A good brand should offer full training or alternatively look at college courses (either full time or evening classes). X

The course isn't providing you with a brand, or at least information regarding this? If they haven't, please get in touch with them. If they don't want to help you, maybe you could consider getting a refund from them. And yes, you ought to get the lamp that goes with the brand you're using. :)

Latest posts

Back