help with buying kit for my mani/pedi course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicky's nails

Reaction score
hi guys

sorry this isnt science based! but went to enrol today on VTCT mani/pedi level 2 and there have been some changes, instead of the college supplying your kit which you buy from them and limiting you to what they have decided to use, they now give you a list of what you need, and you go and buy it yourself, which is better for me in some ways as i already have some of the itmes, like box, cuticle nippers, scissors, orange sticks etc, but they reccomend you go to sallys for the rest, here is the list of what i need, now i need some suggestions as to what i should buy, as obviously i cant buy anywhere like creative or even trade places like aston and fincher, i will be limited to online or sallys i would think any advice, of any particular brand or
make i should look out for please

these are basics i can probably get anywhere
  • antiseptic spray
  • toenail clippers/cutters
  • nail buffer
  • hoof stick
  • callous remover
  • manicure bowl
  • plastic spatulas
but these are the ones i need bit more help with please
  • cuticle cream
  • cuticle remover
  • buffing paste
  • exfoliate product (hands and feet)
  • massage cream (hands and feet)
  • nail coloured enamels (light/dark/french) suggests OPI
  • base coat
  • topcoat
thanks in advance

nicky xxxxxxx

You can get a student trade card at sallys
You can buy the items that you need from creative, it is only professional products ie liquid, powder, gel that you have to be creative trained to buy, just ring them hun and they will help you if you do want to buy from creative

oh so it will be a bit cheaper if i have student card?

thanks for your reply hun

nicky xxxx

will have a look now hun, any particular make/brand i should try?

thanks again

nicky xxx

At our sallys or dennis williams its not cheaper at all with a student card they still have to pay what everyone else pays.

will have a look now hun, any particular make/brand i should try?

thanks again

nicky xxx

Depends on what you intend doing after the college course. I always wanted to use a more expensive range of products when I qualified like Creative Spa Mani's and pedi's (which have there own procdure which is different to the college one) so I got a cheap range to start of with to practice the college procedure as I wouldnt be using them after qualified - like Salon System and Skin Truth as examples.

HTH

thats what i want to use eventually the creative range, so just want 'cheaper ' ones to use for college, have been looking at the sites people sent me and salon system and sp range seem to show up a lot, so will go with one of them for now, the tutor said at least we will be able to charge (reduced model) rates after a while, so i should be able to recoup a little of the outlay to put towards buying nice more expensive products once i qualify

thanks again for all your help girls
xxxxxx

Latest posts

Back