Help with buying my level 3 kit from S2

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sian H

Reaction score
I've just been given my kit list for my level 3 nails, I could have bought from my college but they just use the cheapest option from a local warehouse, and as I only buy my shellac and minx and bits and bobs etc from s2, I want to buy it all from there. Can you recommend the best please?
My list is

Gel Brush
Acrylic Brush
3D acrylic nail art brush
Files : 240 grit, 100 grit, 180 grit and a 180 buffer

:)

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I've just been given my kit list for my level 3 nails, I could have bought from my college but they just use the cheapest option from a local warehouse, and as I only buy my shellac and minx and bits and bobs etc from s2, I want to buy it all from there. Can you recommend the best please?
My list is

Gel Brush
Acrylic Brush

I've just enrolled at Leeds City College and the kit they are doing is full of NSI stuff. Think it's worth double what I paid. That's scandalous that they use the cheapest stuff! Do they also use this stuff in their Graduate Salon?

They told me its £xxx for the kit, there's also some tip cutters and cuticle pusher in but I've already got them,
Anyway rang the place that supplies this to college, and to buy direct from them it's £xx to buy from them direct with free delivery, works out £26 cheaper!!
I'm not bothered how much I spend at S2 because that's what I will be using forever, so can't see the point buying things I'm not going to use after my course. X

Although they do use EZflow L and P and calgel gel, but these arnt in the kit, we just use the ones supplied at college,all that's in the kit is tools x

My list is

Gel Brush - Gel Flat Oval/ Gel flat oval, both the same size, either or.
Acrylic Brush - Proseries Liquid & Powder 6, 8, 10. The larger the number, the bigger the brush. Most people start with a smaller size
3D acrylic nail art brush - I don't really do 3D art so not sure...
240 grit - Outblack, Kanga, Koala
100 grit - Hotshot, Blizzard board
180 grit - Hotshot, blizzard board
180 buffer - Boomerang Padded File

Hope this helps.

Anna x

My list is

Gel Brush
Acrylic Brush

Think I saw student brushes on s2 site for both gel and acrylic- do you use those systems already? Gel brush I would get an oval and square and crystal nails do good nail art brushes a 3d acrylic brush is poss not in the sweet shop?? I have ruined a few acrylic brushes as a newbie as takes a few goes to master having said that now I have the brush to match my system I don't get problems so maybe go straight in and buy a CND brush in a size 8/9 if you plan to use retention

Aww thankyou for taking the time to reply, I will fill my Sweet shopping basket on Monday :) I'm on no rush for 3D nail art brush so can research them x

Are all gel brushes the same for hard and soft gel? I already have a gel brush from S2 but I'm doing hard gel this time, just wondered if there the same and clean the same? X

Are all gel brushes the same for hard and soft gel? I already have a gel brush from S2 but I'm doing hard gel this time, just wondered if there the same and clean the same? X

To the best of my knowledge its all about size and shape, i use a harmony 6 oval for everything in application myself cleaning on between, if you have one you like then happy days 😍

I use NSI and i couldn't fault it!
Brush is good and I've had it ages
And the nail file are good and strong too x
You can get a mixture pack with all thise grits in xx
I get mine from alan howard x

The CND gel brushes are the same for soft and hard gels.
However, we do recommend you to purchase a separate brush for each system to avoid cross contamination.

Latest posts

Back