Help With Chipping Corners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katiebbaby

Reaction score
HI

I am lately experiencing problems with the free edge off my products chipping. I have noticed that on all clients which are experiencing this they have quite naturally long nail beds and wear their enhancments short as they can get away with it and also they have lovey natural C curve some of which have really deep C curve.

I am now thinking this could be down to file control?? I am thinking this as I bevel my abrasive slightly on the freeedge and file in a rounded motion, so as their nails are really short (top of finger tip short) when they grow the bit wich has been beveled is thin? am I making sense.

I tried today on two clients whom have same type of nails with same problems, I noticed they look too thick in centre of nail, so tried to thin them down and make them flat kind of as they have such a dramatic Ccurve, yrt this was hard as I would then incure curling as the natural nail is not attached to product, My brush has to turn 45% lirally to get sidewalls. and if to thin I get chipping if too thick I get a wide looking Z1

What can I do to overcome this problem, any help please??? xxx

If your clients are chipping the corners of their nails because they are too thin, then you have to male them thicker and that is all there is to it. They don't have to be like bricks, but of course they will look a little thicker as you look down the barrel of the nail. Well who looks down the barrel of peoples nails apart from the technician or the client? Where is the problem?

It is quite an easy trap to fall into, making your nails thinner and thinner to look more and more natural, but as you have now found out, it is not practical for longevity. I myself have fallen in and out of this trap many times particularly with my own nails and enhancements. I go thinner and thinner and thinner with my application and then of course, I start breaking them. It's the same with those clients who push their nail length longer and longer and longer and then break them all!

The clients with long nail beds and short free edges have nil flexibility at the free edge which is why their nails are more prone than most to chipping and breaking anyway if they knock them.

Thankyou, much appreciated , I find this type of nail very problematic for me as i find with it having such a dramatic c curve and thus not having to focus as much on the apex it's hard to keep it from looking "barrell" like in it's appearence. I need to practise making my corners more rounded (if that is the correct term) whilst still keeping the stength.

I have however just converted a few die hard l&p forever French clients to shellac, which is great they can't believe how much they like it, they have beautiful natural nails with lovely long nail beds and showing them that they don't need to hide their nails under l&p to make them look fantastic is great as once I have shellaced them I find the finished nail IMO looks much nicer than a nno with l&p,, iygwim lol xx

Thankyou, much appreciated , I find this type of nail very problematic for me as i find with it having such a dramatic c curve and thus not having to focus as much on the apex it's hard to keep it from looking "barrell" like in it's appearence. I need to practise making my corners more rounded (if that is the correct term) whilst still keeping the stength.

I have however just converted a few die hard l&p forever French clients to shellac, which is great they can't believe how much they like it, they have beautiful natural nails with lovely long nail beds and showing them that they don't need to hide their nails under l&p to make them look fantastic is great as once I have shellaced them I find the finished nail IMO looks much nicer than a nno with l&p,, iygwim lol xx

I totally know what you mean. Those high arched natural nails can be very difficult to make longer and stronger without them looking bulky :hug:.
Shellac is the perfect alternative to enhancements for them .. I agree. x

Latest posts

Back