Help with choice of electric couch, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dymphna

Reaction score
My treatments are waxing, facials, mans & peds with the possiblity of reflexolgy and IHM in the future. I have narrowed my choice down to 2 -a Carlton or Cosmetronic couch and am looking for advice.

I'd like to provide maximum comfort and ease for clients whilst helping me maintain a good posture for ongoing back problems.

Both couches have good features and I am trying to outweigh one against the other. I'm not too worried about the cost at the moment; I would rather make the right decision now, even if it means more in monetary terms. Manicures will be done at a table with either couch, and IHM would either be done across the couch or on a separate chair.

1. Cosmetronic couch: This has a reversible foot section that turns into a pedicure tray, but does not go down to a chair, so clients would need to bend legs for a foot spa situated on the couch. However this couch has an adjustable middle section, and may help the client relax during this treatment. The literature says this function would help with relaxation during a facial, what do you think? Added bonus is the facility for a manicure soaking bowl to be attached to the side of the couch Luxury Spa Couch : Page 3 Of Cosmetronic Couches in this link
Welcome To Cosmetronic UK Ltd

2 Carlton couch: This couch goes into a 90 degree chair position but is without the adjustable middle section. The padding does look thicker on this couch, though:

Carlton Professional | Electric Multi-Couch (CC 400/MB4)

Some features of the Cosmetronic will not be used, I know, but any ideas or comments would be much appreciated.
Thank you

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
2 Carlton couch: This couch goes into a 90 degree chair position but is without the adjustable middle section. The padding does look thicker on this couch, though:

Carlton Professional | Electric Multi-Couch (CC 400/MB4)

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

I have this couch and its fabulous, perfect for all salon treatments. So easy for pedicures (I have a pedicure trolley that I use along with the couch and the client can sit up on the couch and have a pedicure, the end drops down to 90 degrees and their feet can sit in my footsie spa from sitting on the couch - I then raise the client up when I want to do detailed work, so no back breaking pedicures for me) plus its superb for massage and waxing. The couch is extremely comfortable and extra wide so ideal for larger clients too. It is certainly worth the money and I would buy another one tomorrow if I was in the market for a 2nd couch.

:hug:

I tried the Cosmetronic couch at excel. I thought the padding was very poor. Noisy engine.

Carlton couch very comfy, engine was quiet, excellent padding. If you intend to do massage in the future a 29" width makes it a bit tricky. I also thought it was time consumng to put the bed in a pedicure position and you need to purchase the stool. If the client is short the setup doesn't work very well.

I ended up purchasing my couch from Beautelle - buckingham 500 series 27 inch couch. Engine is slightly noiser than the Carlton however has amazing padding. My clients have all commented on how comfortable it feels.

The workmanship of the Carlton couch is better than Beautelle.

Hope this helps.

After viewing both couches I have decided on the Carlton.

What helped me decide: the quality seems better and comes with a 2 year guarantee as opposed to a 1 year with Cosmetronic.

Also Carlton also comes with lockable wheels and could easily been stored in the sit-up mode to create more space in the salon for off-couch treatments. The sit -up position is 90 degrees; the other one wasn't. I bought a wedge-shaped leg booster to compensate for the fact that the middle section doesn't adjust, so I'm happy as I now have all the right boxes ticked!

Looking forward to it's delivery tomorrow.
Thank you for your replies they really helped with my choice.

Last edited:
with the prices you are looking at you are getting into "REM" territory. shop around and you may get a REM for that.

A quality brand you can trust.

Su x

Hiya ive seen that you have purchased or are purchasing a Carlton Couch I am looking for a Couch and have spoken to other companies that havent been very helpful as I am very indicisive. Can you reccomend anyone to ask for?

Hiya ive seen that you have purchased or are purchasing a Carlton Couch I am looking for a Couch and have spoken to other companies that havent been very helpful as I am very indicisive. Can you reccomend anyone to ask for?

Leanne at Carlton is very helpful, and knows the products well. If you tell her what your needs are she will advise. For ex exhibition and showroom clearance speak to Trudy. Look at their website to see what is available.
The couch I have purchased is available in their sale, but you will need to collect it yourself. Also only a 1 year guarantee with the sale items. That swung it for me as I have problems with virtually everything I buy, so I hedged my bets and went for a new one. They had 10 % off plus halfprice delivery, so I thought it was worth the extra.
It's in a company's interest to help you and if you are not getting advice then they don't deserve your business..
Hope this helps you.

I have the cosmetronic couch and I love it. For facials it is fab. You try lying on a flat couch for one hour and see how your back feels afterwards. The cosmetronic couch lifts your legs up and eases the pressure on your lower back.
It goes very low to the floor ~ ideal for less able people.
It's width is great for large clients.
The dropping front armrest and face hole is ideal for massage, very comfortable.
I do not use it for pedicures, but do use it for reflexology.
I also have an Ellison's Memory couch and have discovered that their guarantees are worthless.
Cosmetronic on the other hand are most helpful and within two days I had a new motor and my couch was as good as new. (Outwith the 1 year guarantee)
I will definately be buying another one.

Back