Help with colour correction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funtimefranko

Reaction score
Hi peeps. So I did a colour correction a couple of weeks ago from black, it had been box dyed for years so it was really difficult to budge... I lifted it to maybe a 5. She has text me saying it's gone patchy and orangey at the roots.... I'm going to redo it tomorrow but I'm really stuck on how to get it even! Can anyone help :(

I use wella btw

What did you use on the day?

What's she using on her hair?

I find colour that is applied after being pre lightened tends to fade too. The second colour seems to grab better xx

It can also turn out a shade lighter too 😕 xx

I can't remember exactly cos I don't have it in front of me (sorry my memory is terrible) 5/37 in ct I think. Extra base for the roots. It's obviously patchy cos of porosity and lifting unevenly etc.... Thinking maybe I should just foil it instead so it can all blend if it is uneven.... Ooh I don't know lol

Use the same formula as be4 with a bit of a dark ash-green extra over the mixing ratio.(mixing 1:1 is now 1:1 + 5-10mls AG intense/1oz[30mls])....with 10V(3%) or the color touch developer that has lower V.....let color sit 10mins after mixing to pass "lift" stage, apply, leave on 25-30 mins.

Are there loads of dark patches in it too? If so you'll either have to lighten them or darken the lighter bits to get it even. If it's coming through warm which 5.37 is a warm colour anyway then go with a cooler colour which is your /8 (blue cancels out orange) so put a little bit of the special mix /88 in. (Remember your colour wheel on the shade chart for corrections) But this all depends on how it looks now and what you want the end result like. I can't see it so I can't really say exactly what to do. Hope this helps a bit tho Xx

Also try and get client to use a quality shampoo, as that can also be a factor.
Kills me every time I ask someone, who's color is faded, what are they washing their hair with and they say "baby shampoo" because it's gentle on hair 😩😤 I just want to smack tv advertisers.

What colour did you lift it to before applying the level 5? X

Thanks for suggestions, I sorted it and she was happy.... I have no idea what these "ag" and "v" colours are lol.... I use wella which is a numbering system x

Oh I see.... V as in volume lol I'm dumb x

Latest posts

Back