Help with colour please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iconic

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I wondered if someone could please help me..
I have a client who currently has hair like this..
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401975144.673294.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401975152.870600.jpg
And she is wanting it like this..
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401975170.115270.jpg

What is going to be the best way to go about this do you think? .. She has a lot of warmth in her hair which is obviously the main difference, so I need to kill some of that.
I was thinking of doing a gentle bleach bath to try and lift some more of the warmth out, then possibly apply 10A to the roots/mids and free hand paint some bleach pieces in triangular sections like this...
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401975427.212142.jpg

Sorry for that bad illustration!

Do you think that method would work to get the desired outcome?
If not, do you have suggestions of how might achieve it better please?

TIA geeks xx

Wouldn't say that was a 10 at the roots, why don't you do an 8.1 to neutralise the warmth or even an 8.13 to soften the warmth out rather than try and neutralise it and so a balayage pre lightener with 3 or 6 % and tone?

I agree with the 8/1 at the roots and mid lengths and Balayage through the ends with lots around the front

Thank you amy and Kelly..
I use matrix and the colours always seem to come out darker than other brands I find? So I'm wondering is a level 8 may come out too dark? ..
Would you use my technique in the drawn illustration for the balyage?
I usually do balyage by back combing diagonal sections and layering them between foil, but as I'm applying a root colour too, I wondered if the way that I have drawn may be easier? And may give a more natural blended look?

Thanks for your responses x

I do balayage the simplest way, back combing sections and either saturating the ends and freehand painting pre lightener randomly further towards the roots this will give you a more ombré balayage or just back combing and freehand painting the pre lightener from tip to root in a sweeping motion.

If you are worried about it coming out too dark maybe do a 9,1 with a small amount of 8 or an 8.1 with a bit of 9, whichever products you have in! Or could always do 8.1 around root area and smudge in to a 9,1 and then balayage while tint developing?

I would use half 8A & half 8N, balayage with light master and then tone it all with spv. x

Thank you all for your amazing advice!! .. I cannot thank you enough :)

Il try to get a pic when I've done it to show you the result :)

Fingers crossed all works out :) xxx

Latest posts

Back