Help with full colour change

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zowiealex

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I have a client that is presently the packet red shade in the pic but wants to go the darker warmer shade,any ideas how to get the best result,I hate colouring over this red as it always seems to show through quickly but I don't want to strip it either it's quite porous
Thankyou

Attachments

• IMG_1679.JPG
    IMG_1679.JPG
    588 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1682.PNG
    IMG_1682.PNG
    806.3 KB · Views: 39
I'd explain it may be a work in progress, if you were to put a dark natural brown on roots midlenths it will be a warm brown anyway with the red. Then u may need to strip/lift the red on ends a little to then tone it.
Very red though, not going to look like the pic in one appointment. How many times has she had that red on her hair?

I'd explain it may be a work in progress, if you were to put a dark natural brown on roots midlenths it will be a warm brown anyway with the red. Then u may need to strip/lift the red on ends a little to then tone it.
Very red though, not going to look like the pic in one appointment. How many times has she had that red on her hair?
I think she's had it a long time.shes a new client to me,I was thinking to put a 3.0 as base as she'd get the warmth from the red through it still and lift up the ends slightly and put a 7.34 on them,this red is Juliet one colour I hate colouring over esp packet red,will consult the condition before starting anything,thankyou for ur advice

There's a lot of copper in that second picture so I think you'd need to lift it to around a 6 for best results.

There's a lot of copper in that second picture so I think you'd need to lift it to around a 6 for best results.
Ahh great thankyou,for the base I put a 3.0 on someone else with this colour and it actually come up beautiful and not as dark as a 3.0 would normally so I'm hoping for the same result here..

Latest posts

Back