Help with lamp!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammieM

Reaction score
Can I use a desk lamp with a 36watt Uv bulb in it to cure uv balance gel nails ?? I have a LED cure lamp but it will just not set the gel what so ever and it's driving me mad !!!

Hello,

I have got to say that in all my years of doing nails I have never heard someone ask that question! :)

Is it possible that your LED lamp may not be curing your gel application due to the fact that your application was too thick or perhaps needed a bit more time?

Remember this saying when you apply gel...Thin is in & thick is out!:wink2:

Hope this helps

I have only applied a thin layer not took. 30 min for it to set for next layer

ermm isnt the balance gel meant to be cured under UV not led ??? sorry i couldnt help reading this question..

Sarah

Ive been told it can be cured under both !

Are you saying you are trying to cure your gel application for 30 mins & it's still not curing? :eek:

What Brand Gel Are you using & What LED lamp are you using?

The most you should be curing your gels per application is for 3 mins under a 36W UV lamp. It should be half the time under a LED lamp! :rolleyes:

Are you sure you arent getting confused between the tacky layer & thinking it is still wet because of the tacky layer?
Your gel should always have a tacky layer until you wipe off the access with a cleanser!

May I ask if you have gotten any training in Gel Enhancements?

I think that the balance gels are actually just uv cure...from what I have just been informed of, they are working on led cure..

And....No, you cannot use your desk to cure gel. I think that is a question that you should know the answer to if you are a nail technician. Sorry I don't mean to be rude.

I think the op was intending n putting a 36 uv bulb into the desk lamp..am sue that wold be highly dangerous ?

Ok, well perhaps i've misunderstood but even that question is concerning. Safest bet--use an appropriate UV nail lamp or LED lamp.

I think we can safely say that you need a 36 watt UV lamp preferably the NSI one to cure this gel.
I am not sure what you mean by a desk lamp, hopefully you are meaning a UV Lamp that sits on your desk for a client to place her hand in, and has usually 4 x 9watt UV bulbs within it to cure Gel products.

Here in the UK though when we say desk lamp we mean the lamp that sits on our desk to give us better light to see with lol.

Don't worry ladies I know what I've done wrong ..

Well, now you have to tell us!:). What was it?

I didnt cleanse after lol ..!

Glad you solved the problem, we have all gone through our growing pains. I kept having color come off when I wiped the sticky layer, driving me mad. I put the nails in the lamp for more time and more time. Then after watching a fingernailfixer video and her saying to be sure to cover all the color with your top coat to seal it. I realized I wasn't getting close enough to the side walls and didn't have full top coat coverage. All her videos are great and so are Young Nails'.

Yes not having a good week lol

Thank you

Oh bless you.... I think we have all done something so simply silly lol..glad you found out what it was...

For me. It's usually pressing the timer button on...then wiping my sticky layer only for the whole lot to come offf lol...

Sarah x

Latest posts

Back