Help with purple hair please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halohair*

Reaction score
Hiya looking for a little help please, I'm doing a new clients hair today she would like a purple ombre with dark blending to the purple. She's sent me a pic that I will attach, at moment her hair is a faded purple with blonde streaks and base 5 re-growth. I've said to get it as bright as she wants we will need to use crazy colour a semi but I'm not sure if I should bleach bath the ends a little first or is that just going to make the purple fade quicker?
Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 308
That's her hair at the moment x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 265
Beware that crazy colour purples fade green. :(

Directions is pretty good but there are lots of companies producing bright coloured direct dyes to choose from.

Also, after bleaching, I find the initial application of colour fades fairly quickly so I'd advise a top up appointment to re-apply the purple semi before the initial purple has faded too much. The second and subsequent applications last much longer providing the client uses a decent sulphate free shampoo.

Beware that crazy colour purples fade green. :(

Directions is pretty good but there are lots of companies producing bright coloured direct dyes to choose from.

Also, after bleaching, I find the initial application of colour fades fairly quickly so I'd advise a top up appointment to re-apply the purple semi before the initial purple has faded too much. The second and subsequent applications last much longer providing the client uses a decent sulphate free shampoo.

Ok I also had a client yesterday wanting pink and I had the rusk new demi colours on the box said for pink I needed to lift to like a 9-10 but her hair wouldn't lift that light ;( do you know any colour house that I wouldn't need that light?

Thank you for your reply, I will have a look at the directions. Do you Mbps if their are Any permanent colours that will give a bright purple/pink also is their anyway of getting this colour without pre-lightening thank you

Goldwell rv max is nice and also igora used to do 8.888 & 9.888 which were bright, not sure if their discontinued now tho, I doubt there's a product that will lift and colour tho

Affinage b-RED doesn't need pre-lightening.

Goldwell Elumen is bright but you need to buy direct from Goldwell.

Goldwell rv max is nice and also igora used to do 8.888 & 9.888 which were bright, not sure if their discontinued now tho, I doubt there's a product that will lift and colour tho

I think the 9.888 is now just 9.88 but still the same colour. They just dropped the extra 8

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I wouldnt use Bred for this as theres a mix of old colour and bleach so i expect it would fade pretty quickly.
I would bleach bath the old colour up to an orange/ dark yellow, there are lighter pieces in there but I would try and go for a nice strong pink with good saturation of colour before you try and go any lighter. Crazy colours are whack they do indeed fade green. I would be inclined to use koleston 55/66 for the roots, colour touch also has 55/65 which is veyr pinky like the picture, but semis are the way forwards for this, absolutely no point in going over bleached hair with an oxidising colour, it will fade quicker than a semi.
directions pinks, reds, purples are very heavily pigmented so you can easily apply them over hair bleached to orange/dark yellow. In fact its better to do this with warm semis because it helps to give more depth to the colour and stops fade- a bit like a prepig. For greens, blues, pastels etc you need a base of pale yellow/white for the colour to take properly.

Brill thank you, so if I bleach bath the ends to a orange/yellow then apply colour touch to the ends would you use 1.9%?

Also would you apply the colour touch to wet or dry?

I think the 9.888 is now just 9.88 but still the same colour. They just dropped the extra 8

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

The 9-888 got discontinued ages ago, you can make it with 9.5-0 and 6-88 though I think...

Igora do a 9-98 though which is a really bright purple-ish pink.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

1.9% on dry hair, deffo do colour refreshes with something like directions though to keep the ends in good condition.

Pravana vivids are really nice for flashy colours :) i am in love with them!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using SalonGeek mobile app

That picture is 55/65 on the ends it is identical to what it looks like!

If you wanna get it that bright though your gonna have to lift to an 9 at least! If you leave 55/65 CT on for 10 mins it has so much more holding power than crappy crazy colour.

Latest posts

Back