Help with salon opening

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chery19

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm new here and was hoping for some advice.
I've been a mobile beauty therapist for a while so I have a good clientèle and I'm about to get the keys to my 1st premises - excited!!

I'm just wondering what you guys did for an opening day? I see some salons opening quietly then having an open day a month or 2 later :-s is this because they need time to get some clients together or is this the done thing?

I really wanted to have a ribbon cutting and stuff but do you think it might be a little OTT for a wee salon with just me working in it??

I have some beauty friends who could come along and help me with some treatment demos etc on the day so it won't just be me.

I was then thinking of putting out leaflets around the area and posting on fb about me opening up but inviting my existing clients and friends and family to the ribbon cutting?
I have dreamed of my own salon for so long I really wanted to make it special but I don't want to end up swamped with loads of people and no where to put them, then of course if I'm offering bubbly where do I get champagne flutes from? Can you hire them rather than buying a tonne of them for 1 day?

Thanks in advance x

Hi there,

I'm new here and was hoping for some advice.
I've been a mobile beauty therapist for a while so I have a good clientèle and I'm about to get the keys to my 1st premises - excited!!

I'm just wondering what you guys did for an opening day? I see some salons opening quietly then having an open day a month or 2 later :-s is this because they need time to get some clients together or is this the done thing?

I really wanted to have a ribbon cutting and stuff but do you think it might be a little OTT for a wee salon with just me working in it??

I have some beauty friends who could come along and help me with some treatment demos etc on the day so it won't just be me.

I was then thinking of putting out leaflets around the area and posting on fb about me opening up but inviting my existing clients and friends and family to the ribbon cutting?
I have dreamed of my own salon for so long I really wanted to make it special but I don't want to end up swamped with loads of people and no where to put them, then of course if I'm offering bubbly where do I get champagne flutes from? Can you hire them rather than buying a tonne of them for 1 day?

Thanks in advance x

Congratulations!!
Owning your first "Brick & Mortar" business is exciting and a little scary... You'll be fine!
Do a press release
Share your background
Invite your friends, family and clients. Have a ribbon cutting event and take lots of pictures.
Start a business fan page on Facebook
You will not be overwhelmed with too many people at your event. And if you are slammed... great! You can rent glass wear. call a local restaurant for help!
Just Jump In and have a wonderful day.
I've own my own business for over 25 years... Right out of beauty school.

Thank you so much for your positive reply, I really needed that! I'm so excited now, can't wait. That's amazing you jumped in straight out of school, I admire you for that, I suppose I have been procrastinating and just waiting for that perfect time, perfect premises etc, I'm gonna start believing in myself more. Thanks again and I hope you have many more years in business :-D

QUOTE="creative image diva, post: 2448515, member: 111194"]Congratulations!!
Owning your first "Brick & Mortar" business is exciting and a little scary... You'll be fine!
Do a press release
Share your background
Invite your friends, family and clients. Have a ribbon cutting event and take lots of pictures.
Start a business fan page on Facebook
You will not be overwhelmed with too many people at your event. And if you are slammed... great! You can rent glass wear. call a local restaurant for help!
Just Jump In and have a wonderful day.
I've own my own business for over 25 years... Right out of beauty school.[/QUOTE]

Latest posts

Back