Help with Shellac please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rach1543

Reaction score
Hi, I have recently done the Shellac course but have found some of my clients nails chipping after about 5-7 days. Is this because I'm new to it and need more experience or does anyone have any tips or advise please. Thanks

You have to really make sure the nail plates are absolutely clean and free of cuticle, oil, and debris, and the cuticle away is properly deactivated and off the nail plate. And really squeak that scrub fresh on there, paying attention to the sidewalls and free edge. Once you are 100% sure you're pep is excellent and application is neat, thin, and sealed, then you can eliminate that it's something you're doing and start lecturing your clients on their aftercare. Some people really don't know how to or don't care to look after their nails properly.

Thank. I do prep but I will focus on scrubfreshing more incase that's the problem. Any specific tips on capping? X

That should've been covered during your training. Usually just running the brush across the edge of the free edge at the end of your strokes does the trick. Really make sure there's base coat there or the color will just shrink back. On shorter nails, push the finger tip skin back and run the brush across, or watch the fingernail fixer's video on how to tackle the extremely short nail.

Practise really does help. I know you were probably expecting that but it does! But Chickafish is right about really concentrating on your PEP and capping.
If you have a look on youtube and specifically the CND video, you could compare to see and just check that you're not missing anything. There's also some good clips on there for how to cap short nails etc.

Good luck and keep at it!!
X

Thank you. I will take a look at them x

Latest posts

Back