Help with smile lines please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmojo

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am currently new to 'doing' nails. I've been having mine done for years and my nail tech uses the NSI gels.

I am now currently training to get qualified and the system I am being trained in is the Ezflow gel-it. I'm doing a course with a qualified school and I've done my first 3 days which includes a full set on a model. I've now got 2 weeks to practice like crazy - I'm doing a hand a day (using a hand trainer).

My question is - how to I get the defined smaile lines that I have on my nails? On mine the smile line is clearly defined and my nail tech paints the white on top of the blush gel. The way I'm being taught is to apply the blush over the nail (&tip), then sweep away to form a smile and freeze, then apply the white and push it up to the smile, cure it then add the clear etc on top, file and finish. My smile lines is much more subtle - but I like my sharp defined smile line and can't recreate it - I've tried and the white doesn't go over the blush too well leaving it very thin and uneven. Is it because the two systems are so different or is it my technique?

Sorry in advance if this is a silly question :o

Thanks
Elaine

You can always apply your white sculpting gel BEFORE you do the pink. Use your brush (wiped clean of gel) to swipe your smile line (or use another clean gel brush, possibly a tad smaller), this will give you the sharpness you are looking for, then you can add your pink after you've cured the white, apply the pink and 'butt it up' to the white, then cure. If you find you have a slight dip where the two gels meet you can add a few strings of clear, then cure again and carry on as per :D

hth's a bit.

the way ezflow train you is to apply a clear tip/ sculp out to your desired length in clear gel then apply your blush and swipe a smile line....then freeze in place then apply your white up to the blush...but then to get the crisp smile line swipe again with some clense it on your brush then freeze cure in place. then cap the whole nail in clear and do a full cure then file and finish your nail
hope this helps you

Latest posts

Back