Help with Spray Tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Star

Reaction score
Hi All

Advice needed please!

I have a client booked in on Tuesday for a spray tan. She phoned me today to say she has been using a moisturiser with fake tan in for the last 6 weeks and she last put it on this morning :rolleyes:

Should I tell her to leave having the tan until next week and to leave the moisturiser off?

I can't really see why she wants one if she is using this as she said she is very brown already!

Would having the spray tan on top of this moisturiser affect the spray tan or would it just make her go very dark??

Hi All

Advice needed please!

I have a client booked in on Tuesday for a spray tan. She phoned me today to say she has been using a moisturiser with fake tan in for the last 6 weeks and she last put it on this morning :rolleyes:

Should I tell her to leave having the tan until next week and to leave the moisturiser off?

I can't really see why she wants one if she is using this as she said she is very brown already!

Would having the spray tan on top of this moisturiser affect the spray tan or would it just make her go very dark??

It should be fine, Just ask her to not apply tommorow or tuesday. Also remind her not to apply any moisturiser on Tuesday.
I would have thought it would have been fully removed by Tuesday so it wont affect the spray tan either way.
xx

By mixing different brands of tanning it could cause a patchy tan when you spray tan her,
get her to stop using the moisturiser with the tan in it and to exfoliate really well before coming for her spray tan hth

great time to retail your products tan extender!:eek: xxx

Ive over sprayed with this and it does go darker in some areas......

Over spraying when a client has been using home fake tans (even the moisturisers) does make a difference to the tan. The home ones can leave a flaky dark layer, if you tan over this it is going to look different.

I always advsie them to exfoliate off as much of it as they can and not to use it 24/48 hrs before the tan.

Then sell them your extender lol

Thanks for your replies everyone!

I have told her to stop using the moisturiser and to exfoliate. I have warned her about her tan going patchy or darker in areas and she still wants to go ahead!

So wish me luck for tomorrow!

Latest posts

Back